Part 4

The next day goes by quickly. Hayley's party is at 6:00 tonight so I didn't do much other than go to Vincent's drugstore and briefly watch the sandlot boys play. Its 5:15 and I see benny walking home. I run out of my house and go over to him.

"Don't forget that you're picking me up at 5:45" I say.

"Yeah I know. I had to go home from the sandlot early" he makes it sound like the worst thing ever.

"Cheer up. It'll be fun." I mention.

"How long do i have to do this for? I really don't want the boys to find out." He asks.

"I don't want the boys to find out either, my brother is on your team you know" I point out. "It'll only last a few weeks."

"A few weeks!?" Benny looks shocked

"We need people to believe it!" I say.

He groans "see you at 5:45 then"

"Wear something nice!" I walk back inside.

I change into a red dress. I do my hair and go downstairs. I check the time 5:44. Benny knocks on the door. I open it. He looks at me in slight shock.

"Wow, y/n." He says. "You look really nice." 

"Thank you!"

I notice that he's wearing the same clothes as earlier.

"I said wear something nice!" I grab his arm and I walk next door to benny's house. He lives opposite me, I think that's part of the reason him and yeah-yeah are so close. We walk into his house and go to his room. His room is full of baseball stuff.

"Wow, I knew you loved baseball but I never knew you loved it this much."

"Whatever" he says "what do I wear?"

"Let's see" I go over to his wardrobe and look through his clothes. All his clothes are just like the ones he's already wearing. I keep on looking until I find a white buttoned up shirt. "This will have to do"

"No way. That's what I wear to smart events." He says

"Don't worry, I'll make it look more presentable for a party." I keep looking on his wardrobe. I find a pair of black trousers and throw it at him.

"Are you serious" he looks at me annoyed. "I'll look like I'm going to a wedding!"

"Well it's better than looking like how you do now."

"Thanks" he says sarcastically. I wait outside his room while he gets changed.

"Come in!" He says. I walk in. He looks quite attractive I'll be honest.

"I look stupid." He says.

"You look good let me just make one tiny adjustment" I undo his top buttons so a bit of his chest is showing. "All better"

"I'm gonna look stupid compared to everyone else." He says.

"Hayley is the host which means everyone is gonna look like same, you'll fit right in." I reassure him. We leave his house and walk to the party. It's only 5 minutes away so we aren't in much of a rush.

"Thank you benny, I do appreciate this." I say

He smiles at me.