Part 15

*y/n's pov*

The dance is in three days and I still haven't got an outfit yet. After school I decide that I'll go to the mall and pick out a dress. I don't really want to go alone so I walk to the Sandlot. All of the boys are playing baseball. I walk over to yeah-yeah. All of the boys stop.

"I need to buy a dress for the dance on Friday but I don't want to go alone." I say

"No." He replies. "I'm playing baseball, find someone else to go."

I sigh. "Alright, sorry for interrupting your game." I start walking away.

"I'll come with you!" I turn around and see smalls running over to me. I smile.

We make our way to the mall.

"So, who are you going with?" Smalls asked. I'm surprised benny hasn't told them.

"Philips" I mumble.

"Oh, does that mean that benny is still going with Britney?" He asks in a disappointed tone.

"Yep." I say.

"Oh, I was hoping that he would be going with you." Smalls sighs.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"Well he was much happier with you. He always seems so bored when we ask about Britney. They haven't got the same spark you two have."

I smile to myself.

"He must like her at least a little if he's going with her though." I point out.

"I don't know y/n. He doesn't really talk to us about this kind of stuff anymore." Says smalls. "I hope he realises that Britney isn't the right girl."

"Yeah, me too." I sigh.

"I still can't believe your going with Philips?!" Smalls says.

"Neither can I"  I sigh.

"You're crazy." He laughs.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I laugh back.

We are looking through dresses and I'm trying them on while smalls is giving me his opinion on them. We've been doing this for around half an hour but we still haven't found the right dress. We decide to try on one more dress.

"Y/n, try on this one!" Smalls begs.

"Alright." I go into the changing rooms and put the dress on. I walk out so smalls can see and look in the mirror. The dress is amazing. It's red, it fits my body perfectly. It's a quite short but I don't really care. I turn to look at smalls. I can already tell that he likes it.

"I love it. You have to wear it!" He seems more enthusiastic than me. I laugh.

"I think I will" I say. He grins at me widely.

We arrive back at the sandlot and unsurprisingly they're all still here. They all run over.

"Hey y/n! Did you choose a dress?" Hollers Kenny.

"Yeah!" I reply.

"Let's see!!" Begs ham.

"It's just a dress." Says benny, annoyed. I ignore him.

"He's just annoyed your going with Philips and not him." Whispers squints. I faintly smile.

"All of you can come round mine for a sleepover on Friday so you can see the dress then." yeah-yeah decides

"Yes" they all hiss in excitement.

*benny's pov*

I'm not really sure how I feel about her going with Philips. I shouldn't get mad or anything considering I am going with Britney. This just doesn't feel right. I should be the one going with her, not Philips.

Y/n starts to walk away from the sandlot. All the boys run back to their positions. I stand there, watching y/n leave.

"Cmon benny!" Yells squints. "We are waiting!"

I run over and grab the bat.