Chapter 14: Jealous! Worthy!

A/N: Guys, please read this chapter and the next together. I wanted to publish them in one chapter, but it would become too long for my liking, so I split it in two and published them together. I hope you enjoy them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chris]

I was fucking seething by what I was seeing. I had been waiting by her locker for 20 fucking minutes, even before the bell rings in fear of not being able to see her. I was worried for her. I could ignore all of the stares and whispers, but it must have been so hard for her.

I had sent Chase and my friends away, not wanting them to scare her even more. I wasn't able to check on her to see if she was alright and I was slowly losing my patience.

That was when I saw her coming toward the lockers. For a second my breath hitched in my throat at the sight of her, although I did my best to look casual. She looked like a scared beautiful little angel. She had dropped her head trying to cover her flushed face with her hair.

Once again, I had caused her trouble. I just wanted to yell at everyone to look away from her and stop whispering. I would have done that if I was sure I wouldn't scare her and bring more attention to her.

But then my eyes saw how she was trying to hide at the side of someone she was walking with. I saw Miller and something growled in my heart at the sight of his fucking arm around her shoulders and how she was pushed to his side. His head was near her ear and he was whispering something to her.

Were they together???

The thought hit me hard, making me even angrier. I just wanted to rip his arm away and pull Eleanor to my chest. Miller looked up and his eyes hardened and he frowned when he saw me. He slowed down and I saw Eleanor looking up at him confused. He said something to her and she looked in my direction and her eyes widened a bit.

I felt a bit better when a ghost of a smile appeared on her face and she pushed herself a bit away from that fucker as they made their way to me. I kept my eyes on her, trying to calm down the beast inside of me.

"Hey." she said softly and her smile grew a bit as she stood in front of me.

"Hey, beautiful." I greeted her back, giving her a half smile, ignoring all of the idiots who were staring at us and the asshole named Miller who was glaring daggers at me. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks." she answered quietly as she opened her locker and placed her things there. "How are you?"

"Fine now." I responded as I observed her with a smile as she opened her locker.

"What do you want?" asked Miller bitterly and crossed his arms, looking with calculating eyes at me. 

On one hand, I appreciated how he was protective of her. It made me relieved to think she had someone to protect her a bit. But on the other hand, I hated the fact that he had the guts to think that he can stand between me and her. I just gave him my coldest glare before turning my eyes back to Eleanor, softening at the sight of her and ignoring Miller.

"I remembered that I didn't tell you that you will come with me after school to the hotel." I said. "We should sign the contract. But I also remembered that I don't have your number. So I decided to wait here for you."

"That's very nice of you." she smiled up at me and closed her locker. "But I could've gone myself."

"Yeah," said Miller bitterly, making me look up from Eleanor to him and we both glared at each other. "I would take her there."

"Such a gentleman." I scoffed and fisted my hands at my sides, controlling myself to not punch him straight in his face. "Sorry to ruin your dreams, mate, but we are going to work in the same place. It's only logical that I take her."