Chapter 31: Problems solved

[Eleanor]

From Chris - 3:50 PM:
Are you here?

I glanced at the text and smiled. My fingers moved on the keyboard to write him the response.

Yes. I arrived a few minutes ago with Daisy and Liam.

I sighed and looked around the parking lot of the pitch, wanting to see one particular person. Yet, he wasn't there still and I was losing hope. I looked down at my phone again as it vibrated in my hands.

From Chris - 3:52 PM:
Thank you. I see you after the game. Wish me good luck, baby:))

I chuckled and shook my head while sending my response.

Good luck, my hero :)) I love you

Almost instantly a reply came.

From Chris - 3:53 PM:
I love you too, angel. 

My heart warmed up at reading his words. The fact that I knew he meant every word was a plus one. My heart ached as I remembered what he was going through at the moment and at the same time I was happy that I was bringing him a bit of comfort.

"Eleanor!"

I turned and saw Mia walking down a few steps and toward me. Once again we were both in our boyfriends' jerseys. 

"You should come inside." said Mia. "The game is about to begin. Chris needs to see you in the stands."

I looked at the parking lot for the last time sadly, before turning to Mia and nodding for her. "Yeah," I sighed and walked through the pitch's front doors. "Let's go."

We walked up a few stairs and stepped on the stands. We were sitting on the first row right up our team's bench. Rose, Emmy, Jax, Ethan and his girlfriend Lilly plus Liam and Daisy were there.

Once Jax and I left his father's office, we picked up Emmy and they were kind enough to take me home so we can pick up Liam and Daisy as well. When we arrived, Rose was already there sitting with Chase's parents.

Daisy was standing in front of Ethan and was waving a banner she had created herself while screaming what she had written on the banner with colorful crayons, at top of her lungs.

Chris and Chase, the heroes

Number 7 was painted on one of her cheeks and on the other, a number 4, representing her support of both of her favorite new friends. Liam had sat with his friends from his team that had come to see the match.

I smiled at my sister before taking my seat between Jax and Ethan. Jax smiled at me sadly after he saw my disappointed face. He patted my back. "Chris will be fine." he said reassuringly. "That boy is tougher than what you think. He will be fine like he always has been."

"I hope so." I forced a smile. But deep down I knew this time was much different than all the other times. Plus, he wasn't even fine with his father's ignorance before.

We both turned to watch the cheerleaders of both schools dancing in the field. I was so deep in thought and so worried that I couldn't even care about Lara's death glares at me.

It was only a minute before the teams come to the field when suddenly Jax who was checking his phone, coughed hard and spit the water he was drinking. 

"Holy Fuck!" he exclaimed while looking at his phone.

"Jax!"

Rose and Emmy yelled together and Rose quickly covered Daisy's ears who was now standing in front of her.