Chapter 16: Standing for herself!

[Eleanor]

I was walking in the corridors of the school the next morning, trying to stay as invisible as possible. But of course, my efforts were in vain. My last day's exit from school with Chris had not gone unnoticed by students and their rumors about me and Chris had intensified.

Although, my mind was so occupied with thoughts about Chris and the Kind soul's charity. Ethan had called me the last night when I was eating dinner and had told me about the documents I needed to hand over to the NGO. He was so positive that I could get the money in a month, making me positive also.

But the biggest part of my mind was occupied with Chris and his actions. How was I supposed to hate him and keep my distance when he was this perfect toward me? He was stirring some odd feelings in my heart that I had not felt before.

I reached my locker and began to take out my stuff, drowned in my thoughts. Suddenly, my shoulder was grabbed harshly. My locker was slammed shut and the person turned me around and shoved me hard into the lockers behind me.

I cried in pain as my right shoulder blade was almost impaled by the key that was still in the lock of my locker. I closed my eyes tightly to stop the tears that were threatening to fall.

"You bitch!" 

I forced my eyes open and stared into the furious eyes of Lara standing in front of me, giving me the dirtiest and most poisonous look someone could conjure. Her minions were standing behind her, glaring at me like idiots with crossed arms.

"Did you really think you can stand between me and my boyfriend?" screeched Lara, gathering the attention of everyone around us. She shoved me to the lockers again, making me hiss in pain as my shoulder blade once again was impaled with the key.

"Look at you." scoffed Lara, mockery dripping from her voice while she looked at me up and down with disgust. "What does he see in you? You are the most disgusting girl I have ever seen. Look at you, cowering back like a dirty rat you are when your precious friends are not here to protect your ass."

"Ella!" Mia's voice came and everyone turned and saw her rushing toward us.

"Guardian number one is here." scoffed Lara and turned to me again.

She then raised a threatening finger in my face. "Stay away from Chris." she spat. "You don't deserve to be even near him, you whore."

I watched her pull back and turned to leave after throwing the last dirty glance my way. I stood there and held my shoulder with my left hand, trying to relieve some pain that was surging through my body.

"Ella! Are you fine?" asked Mia worriedly who was now by my side and put a hand on my shoulder. But my eyes were on Lara and I could only hear one voice in my head.

Promise you will not let others abuse your kindness and you will fight back if they tried to hurt you.

Chris's words repeated in my mind. I was furious. I had enough of this imbecile talking low of me. Who did she think she is to order me what to do? Just because she was rich didn't mean she had any superiority over me.

"I will do what I want." I said, thanking my voice to stay strong and loud.

Everyone gasped and Lara halted and turned to me with a shocked yet disgusted face. She studied my face for a second before letting out a bitchy laugh and stepping in front of me again.

"My, my." she sneered and crossed her arms. "The mouse has a voice after all. What did you say, dear?"

 "I feel so sorry for you, Samuels." I said coldly as I stared into Lara's eyes seeing them widening a bit. Everyone, even Mia was shocked to see me talk back and defend myself for the first time.