Dancing On Starlight

"Annara... sumanara," you whisper, and your fingers start to tingle. What is this sensation?  you wonder.

From the corner of your eye, you catch a flash of bright color. You tear your gaze away from Min-hyuk's captivating eyes and glance to your right. A twinkling blue butterfly flutters about an arm's reach away from you. It's just like in the dream you just had! As you watch, it dances closer and lands gently on your hand. You look up as another butterfly glides past your head.

Suddenly, the room is bathed in blue light as hundreds of colorful butterflies flit gracefully through the air. You should feel confused or amazed--or anything at all--but to your surprise, you just accept it. Standing slowly, you turn about the room, arms outstretched, taking in the dazzling sight. You feel a wide smile spread across your face. This feels magical...

You catch movement from the corner of your eye and turn to see Min-hyuk rise slowly from his seat as well. Your heart does a somersault as you watch. Gone is the loose-fitting white shirt and worn pants he was just wearing. He's now dressed in a black suit and cream-colored waist coat. His top hat completes the look, making him look like a true magician. He looks so handsome...

And he's staring at you, the smallest of smiles touching the corners of his lips, his expression thoughtful

And he's staring at you, the smallest of smiles touching the corners of his lips, his expression thoughtful. You notice his eyes move briefly from your face, briefly traveling downwards over your body. His smile widens slightly and then his eyes quickly flick back up to meet your gaze. For some reason, you feel the need to look down at yourself and you let out a small gasp.

You're dressed in a delicate blue gown, matching the color of the first butterfly you'd seen. The dress glistens as you move to touch it. You twirl, letting the fabric fan out around you and a part of you thinks you could almost be a butterfly yourself.

 You twirl, letting the fabric fan out around you and a part of you thinks you could almost be a butterfly yourself

You stop mid-twirl, your back to Min-hyuk, and watch as the room around you flickers and slowly fades. With one more blink, you're no longer in the shabby abandoned theater. Instead, a brightly-lit ballroom with grand stone columns stands before you. You can't see the end of it, no matter which way you look. As far as you can tell, it goes on forever. Above you, majestic chandeliers hang by golden chains.