Chapter 46. "Fire on fire"

Emily closed the necklace and slipped it into her bag. He kept a picture of her close to him, she smiled at the thought. She saw him pointing at the seat in the front. She glared at him as he got down the aisle. "Get back up," she said. "Not before I give you a place from where I can see you," he said.

She just looked at him with a smirk "what, let's go" he said taking a hand. "Excuse me," he said moving through the seats, "excuse me, please," he said, "sorry," she said after him. "Here," he said when he finally found a seat he liked. "Are you happy?" she asked, it was right in front of where he was standing.

"Yes," he said smiling. "You are horrible you know that?" she said taking a seat. "I know," he looked back, "I have to go I will see you after it," he said running towards the aisle as the soft melody started. Everyone stood up as the door opened. Davina entered in her beautiful white gown.

Emily looked at Mr. Watson's face, she liked to see the groom's face when the bride entered, and each time she saw the same love, the promise of forever. Her eyes went to Sam, he was looking at her, she held his gaze, she remembered every moment she fell for him, he smiled she smiled back and turned to Davina.

The vows started when she saw someone sitting on the seat next to her. "Hi," a boy around her age said. "Hi," she said. "Harry," he said stretching his hand, "Emily," she said. "You go to Rosewell High?" he asked. "Yeah, how did you know that?" she asked. "My cousin, Sam goes there," he said. "Really?" she felt Sam's eyes on them. She bit the insides of her cheek to stop smiling at his face. 

"Hey, Emily so are you seeing anyone?" he asked after the vows ended, "Harry, why don't you go there, Dad is calling you," Sam asked loosely placing his hand on her shoulder. "He was cute," Emily said waving at him. "He is also a player, not the right pick for you,"  he said. The first dance ended as people started getting on the stage. 

"Dance?" he asked, "you can't fight our tradition," he said. "I won't try to" she slipped her hand into his as fire on fire started playing. He took her waist, as she rested her hand on his shoulder, " so you know the right pick for me?" she said. 

"Yes, you want someone who understands you, someone who knows you inside and out and isn't afraid to point out your flaws when others are admiring your beauty.  You want unconditional love, a love to fight for," he said. "Maybe I want someone with whom I have been nearly my entire life, someone without risks," she said. His lips curled up, "you crave adventure and you will get terribly bored with someone who can't give you anything but stability. Passion isn't bad when you think of it"  he said close to her ear.

She felt her heart quicken, she hated how much control he had over her. "Maybe you are wrong," she said. "You can deny it all you want, angel. He isn't the one" he said, spinning her around. "Then who is, Sam?" she asked as he pulled her closer. "Who do you think is the one for me?" she asked leaning close to him. He dipped her and pulled her close, "I think you know," he spun her again.

"Tell me, we could be thinking of two different people," she said, she wanted him to say it, say he was the one for her, instead he just smiled, "I don't think so," he said, their faces inches away. If she leaned a bit, she could kiss him. "Tell me Sam what do you think?" she asked. 

The song started to slow down, they looked at each other. "I think the one who deserves you," he leaned in, "is," he said against her lips. "Sam," someone called him. Sam closed his eyes and pulled out, their noses brushed against each other.  "I wish to continue the conversation," he said walking away. "Me too," she said. 

She fixed her hair when someone called her, "yes?" she turned to see Davina. "Congratulations," she said. "Thank you, love, you must be the lucky girl dating Sam?" she asked. "She didn't have an answer, she was not dating Sam but she did and now they were about to kiss once again, that should count right?

"I am not," she said, "that's Isabel, she is the one he is dating," she said. "I don't think he mentioned her, all I heard was about you,"  she said. "Really?" Emily asked. "He talks about you whenever he visits us, I really wanted to meet the girl he loves," she said. 

Emily felt butterflies in her stomach. "I don't think he does?" she said, she hoped he did. "He does, I can see it in the way he talks about you. You two look good together" she said turning around, "I have to go but I will look forward to further meeting you," she said. "Me too, congratulations once again," Emily said. She smiled and walked away.

"What did she say?" Sam asked walking towards him. "You talked about me?" she asked turning to face him. "Yeah, I told her you snore," he said. "I do not snore," she said. "Whatever helps you sleep," he said. She smiled at him as he tucked a strand of her, "why didn't you tell me?" she asked. "Why didn't I tell you what?" he asked. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were the boy I was in love with nearly my entire life," she said stepping near him. "I just couldn't, I knew how much you liked that image, I didn't want to disappoint you," he said. "Well, I am not disappointed, a bit," she said.