𝘚𝘪𝘹

-Friday-
-Diana's POV-

Charlie
A week till the party! Are you still going? Isn't Jane out of town this weekend, Wyd?!!!

Diana
Stop texting Charlie!! I'm working at the bar tonight!!!

I turn off my phone and hand a drink to a woman apologising for the wait, it's currently eleven forty and I'm working till twelve thirty. I've been here since nine and I'm exhausted, one week of detention down still another one to go.

Miss Snow and I have made small talk during detention and I'm honestly hoping I have her next week for detention too. I don't really want to go to that party with Charlie anymore but I'll have to come up with a really good excuse to get out of it.

"A beer please." A man sits down and I smile nodding and grab a glass. Another man comes up beside him speaking in a different language and they both laugh.

I slide the man his beer and Floyd, another bartender and my friend here walks around the counter. We talk sometimes but I mostly keep to myself here, he's in his thirties and he has a wife and kids. He's really nice actually.

"What time are you working till?" Floyd asks.

"Just till twelve thirty. What about you?" I ask.

"Till we close. You hear that Jasmine quit last weekend?" He picks up a glass cleaning it and I shake my head.

"No, I just thought she wasn't working tonight." My phone rings in my pocket and I take it out to see Janes calling.

"Hold on a second." I say to Floyd and he nods and I walk out the back door of the bar and answer the call.

"Jane?" I say.

"Hi Di, everything okay at home?" Jane asks sounding a bit nervous.

"Yeah, I'm at work right now tho. Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah everything is perfect....I just Um......Never mind okay, I better go i just wanted to check up. I'll call you tomorrow, bye Diana." Jane mumbled and hung up. That's weird...Maybe she's stressed with work or something.

I walk back inside turning off my phone and put it back in my pocket. Floyd was arguing with someone. I walk around him to see who he was arguing with.

"Miss snow?" I interrupted their argument surprised but at the same time not at all that Miss snow is arguing with someone. She looks at me with an angry look.

"Diana? What are you doing here?" She huffs crossing her arms.

"I work here?..."

"Really? Well I've been waiting the last god damn five minutes and I still haven't got a drink because this asshole has to ask everyone their life story when they ask for one." She fumed and I laugh.

"Okay then....What can I get you?" I question.

"A mint julep." Her shoulders drop and she sits down on a stool.

"You have some serious anger issues you need sorted out." Floyd grunts and turns away and I start making her drink.

"Fucking asshole." Miss snow raises her voice after Floyd. Okay...

I finish making her drink and put it down in front of her with a smile.

"You're eighteen? Don't you have to be twenty one to work in a bar?" Miss snow asks me and I shrug.