𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

"Why did you get two rooms? Are we not sharing one?" I ask her as we wait for the elevator, she hands me a card and I take it.

"You'll see." She steps inside the elevator and I follow. I check the card for the room number. I asked her out on the date...she's the one paying for a hotel and bringing me here. I am not a good date.

"Your room is besides mine." She nods as the elevator dings. I follow her down the hall, she stops at a door.

"I'll see you in a bit." She taps the door before walking to the room beside it. I swipe the card confused and the door beeps before opening.

I step inside, and Woah it's beautiful. There's a big window, looking out at the city. It's not too big, which I like. The walls are a light brown wood. I open a door revealing the bathroom, which is Marble and has a big shower. I close it and notice three boxes on the bed. I walk over confused.

There's a large blue box with a white ribbon tied into a bow around it. I pull the ribbon a little, I sit down on the bed opening the box. There's a little card with my name on it. I turn it around.

I don't want to hear any complaints, I hope you like it.
-Nat

I move the white tissue covering whatever it is, I stand back up when I see a green top. I lift it up, it's a dress. A silk emerald green, off the shoulder,corset, floor length dress. It's beautiful. It looks expensive. I take out my phone to text Natalie.

Diana
I can't accept the dress.

Natalie
You can and you will. I bought it and i will be upset if you don't wear it. Do you want to make me upset?

Diana
Are you serious? How much was it?

Natalie
It doesn't matter, did you open the other boxes?

Diana
This is our first date! It's not my birthday or anything. This is way too much.

Natalie
Early Christmas present

Diana
Natalie seriously. You wasted your money on me.

Natalie
It won't be a waste if I see you in it.

Diana
I'll keep the tag on it.

Natalie
I already took the tag off. I know you too well.

Diana
🤦🏼‍♀️

I pick up the other box pulling the ribbon off, I lift the top up to reveal beautiful gloss green heels. I smile at them.

I pick up the last smaller box, she has spent way too much money. It's only our first date. We're not even dating. What if she doesn't want a second date...

I open the smaller box and see a beautiful pearl necklace. I have one that I bought myself..it's not real, it was cheap and you could tell but this...the pearls are beautiful. I pick up my phone again.

Diana
Is that a real pearl necklace?!

Natalie
🤷‍♀️