𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

-Diana's POV-

-A week later-

"Diana, are you still sure about this? I'm sure you have other plans for your Friday evening other-"

"Bella I promise it's fine, you two have fun. Me and Theo will have even more fun carving pumpkins." I smile at the door and Bella nods.

"Remember his bedtime is-"

"Ten thirty, I got it seriously." She laughs and nods walking down the driveway.

"We won't be back later than two am." She waves and I shut the door waving back. Floyd and Bella were talking the other day about how they never get out anymore so i convinced them to have a date night and I'd watch Theo. I told them that I'm looking for a place and they told me to stay, Bella said I should stay till I graduate then I can go to college and come back anytime I want. They really make sure I'm comfortable and I honestly am. I didn't expect to stay here this long already. I tried to give them money too for letting me stay and Floyd gave it back saying i don't have to pay anything that I am part of the family now.

It actually made me a bit emotional. The last week miss snow has been on my mind more and more and I keep coming up with excuses to not be around her. She's been a little odd the last few days or so, she's been moodier.

"Pumpkin time!" Theo runs out in his pyjamas and I laugh as we walk into the kitchen.

"I'll cut the top of the pumpkin and you can get the seeds out, deal?" I say and he nods jumping onto the counter. I walk around the counter picking up the knife and cutting the top off the pumpkin.

"So how's school?" I ask him.

"It's okay I guess, some kids are kinda mean in my class but it doesn't bother me too much." I look up at him and he shrugs.

"Do they say mean things to you?"

"Sometimes, they just call me annoying and ugly. I don't really care though."

"Theo, have you told your parents about it?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"Mom and dad will just make a big deal out of it."

"It's a serious matter if they make you upset-"

"Can we stop talking about school and take out the pumpkin guts?" He interrupts me and I put down the knife and we start to look at pumpkin designs on Pinterest.

✺   ✺   ✺

I finish drawing the design onto the pumpkin and my hear my phone buzz so I walk over to the table where it was.

Charlie
Did you hear about miss snow??

Diana
I head about her yes, I think she's my English teacher..

Charlie
Shut up. Anyway supposedly she's a lesbian, everyones talking about her now. I knew she was too hot to be straight.

Diana
That's it? I thought you were gonna say she's an assassin or something.

Charlie
With her temper...It wouldn't surprise me. Do you like her?

Diana
What? No. Why would you even think that???

Charlie
I meant do you like her in general. But by that response, it explains a lot. Are you sleeping together? A teacher is totally a good look for you.