𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

-Monday-

I drop my head back against the lockers while holding out my hands holding Charlie's books. Charlie takes a few books organising them in his locker.

"Charlie, you need to hurry because class is starting soon and I can't be late." I tell him and he rolls his eyes picking up another book.

"Class doesn't start for...twenty minutes relax."

"And you dragged me here early again to help you clean your locker." I huff.

I look down the hall and see Natalie walking focused on her phone, she's not wearing her usual turtleneck with jeans...she's wearing a grey tracksuit. She looks up and notices me staring, she slows down crossing her arms.

"You two are here early." She says and Charlie jumps dropping a book, he's worse than me. She keeps looking at me and I look back.

"Yeah...Diana came to help with my locker." Charlie breaks the silence and she looks to him.

"You care about your locker?"

"Duh. Messy things annoy me." Charlie shoves a book into his locker. Charlie is one of the messiest people I know...

"When I was in high school I just left them in my bag half the time."

"So you'd carry around a heavy bag all day?" I ask confused.

"I'm stronger than I look, you should know that by now Diana." She looks at me and I nearly choke.

"W-what?"

"I mean the books you were helping me with in the library, those boxes were quite heavy weren't they?"

"Uh....yeah." Charlie slowly picks up a book from my hand and puts it into his locker.

"Well, I've got to be going. I'll see you both in class." She nods and walks away, Charlie turns to me with his eyes wide.

"I'm stronger then I look?" He says and I look away quickly, I look down the hall to where Natalie went. She looks back at me and I smile before looking away.

I sit in class leaning my chin on my palm, Mrs Clark talks and I zone out. I look out the window and focus on one of the trees that have no leaves since it's almost winter and they are slightly moving because of the wind.

"Diana." I hear Mrs Clark call me and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?...sorry I was just..."

"Day dreaming. Listen or you can go to Mrs Daniels office." She tells me and I nod. I look down at my book and try listen, it's not going to my head. I understand what she's explaining but I just can't process it.

I read back over the page as she moves on trying to get it to stick with me. I whisper quietly to myself.

"Diana." Charlie elbows me and I look at him, he nods up to Mrs Clark and she's holding the marker in her hand looking at me.

"I've called you three times to answer the question." She snaps, her facing going red.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you-"

"I called you three times."

"Yes, i know you said that but I was trying to-"