𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

꧁☆★ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓇𝒷𝒶 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 ★☆꧂

23rd  September 2022

It was already Friday. This week had been hectic for both the girls, due to which they had not gotten any time to continue the investigation they had left in between. Their Navratri holidays would start the next day, and they were all set to go back home.

They had already returned from the office as their employers had given them a half day today.

Aisha's POV

I look at Divya with amusement as she fusses over her dress for tonight.

"Aish, stop staring at me like that and lend a hand to me."

"Divi, it's only 2:00 p.m. "The event starts at six o'clock, so don't worry about anything."

"Of course, you would say that, given your decision to stay home." She sat on the bed and huffed.

After some searching through both of our closets, I discovered a simple lehenga choli.

"Take this, here. This is what you'll be wearing tonight. You won't experience any problems while dancing as it is light." "And pair it with this yellow jutti" I said taking out her entire outfit for tonight.

"Now, shoo, let me arrange the room. Dekh kya haal bana diya tuney" (Look at the mess you've made.)

"Aish?"

I hummed.

"Please, tag along"

"Divya, we already talked about this."

"But-"

"No, buts. Anyway, I have to complete the book I started on Sunday; I haven't gotten any time to read due to office work. Now that I am free, I'm making the most of the time with the love of my life."

"Fine." She said this as she walked into the bathroom, gathering her bathrobe and inners. I reorganized the space in the interim. I made the decision to keep reading until she got back because I knew it would take her at least an hour to finish taking the shower.

And after an hour, she came back, just as I had predicted. We chose to eat ramen as a snack.

As she finished her portion, she inquired, "You booked the tickets, right?"

"Yes, the flight leaves tomorrow at seven o'clock. Moreover, don't stress about packing. I'll take care of it for both of us."

"Aww. You are a lifesaver, Aish" I just rolled my eyes at her response.

I continued reading while she started getting ready for the evening. By the time she was fully dressed, it was already six.

"Come one, I will drop you off at the venue." With this, we both went to the location where the garba night would take place.

"Don't tire yourself much, and your curfew is 10 p.m. I would be here by 10 p.m., but if you decide to return earlier than that, call me, okay? And lastly, keep your phone to yourself, Divya; otherwise, you are grounded for the entire Navratri." I left the place after she entered through the main door.

Author's POV

Divya relaxed seeing the event not starting formally. There was a small stage at the front. She roamed her eyes and smiled when she saw her colleagues and walked towards them. She greeted them and started talking to them.

She was on her own world of joys, due to which she did not see a certain someone looking at her with a smile on his face. 

It had already been more than three hours since she was here; she was drinking water from a nearby stall when she heard a voice from behind. "It looks like your friend left you alone. Didn't she come with you?" It was Shanaya.