𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

꧁☆★ 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 ★☆꧂

24th September 2022

The flight, which lasted an hour and a half, landed in New Delhi. They went straight to Aisha's house because the car's driver was there to pick them up. Both girls moaned as their car pulled up to the mansion's back gate. They appeared to have just become aware of how little freedom they actually had. One of the drawbacks of being born into a billionaire family was that you had less freedom. You never know when a rival will attack you or when a reporter will make up stories about you.

They had been fortunate that their family had been able to keep them hidden from the public for the past 22 years.

Aisha started shouting "Mumma!" as soon as she walked inside.

Hearing her daughter's voice, Naina Verma came out of the nearby living room with a big smile on her face. The most well-known criminal attorney in the nation was Naina Verma, a name that would make anyone shiver. The dangerous aura on the lawyer's suit would take the place of the gentle aura she exuded at home. She was raised in an orphanage and had seen both the most beautiful and the most terrible things in her short life. After witnessing a fellow orphanage resident being torn apart by injustice in her adolescence, she made the decision to fight for justice.

After returning from the United States with her Stanford Law School degree and the opening of her own practice, she had been known for the past 25 years as the most dreadful criminal attorney.

Behind his wife, Adityaraj Agarwal could be seen grinning as broadly as she did. Finally, his princesses had returned. He gave both young ladies a bear hug.

In New Delhi, Adityaraj Agarwal operated a real estate company. The man was considered to be sunshine, but if his family suffered, that sunshine could take sunshine out of one's life.

Naina and Adityaraj had an arranged marriage. They had later fallen in love.

"Okay, bachho, fresh hokar aajao, main tumlogo ke liye Khana lagati hu." (Okay, children, go freshen up, I would arrange food for you.) saying that Naina went towards kitchen while Aditya returned to living room.

The girls were moving towards the dining table when they heard a voice. "Hello, girls."

"Papa!" Divya ran towards her father. The Indian Home Minister, Jayvir Chauhan, was the man who had come with his wife. DGP Mahima Chauhan was standing next to him, dressed in a police uniform. Mahima and Naina first came into contact when they were given the chance to work on the same case approximately 20 years ago. The two clicked right away because they were both strong, independent, and, most importantly, fighters for justice.

"Come on, let's have food" Naina ushered all of them to dining room.

"So, how was Udaipur?" Jayvir asked while seating on the chair.

"You are asking as if we went to Udaipur for vacation, uncle." Aisha said chuckling.

"Itna bhi kya busy rehna Home Minister Sahab ki Beti ka atta patta hi bhul Jaye" (Oh, how busy you are that you forget about whereabouts of your daughter.) said Divya dramatically. Everyone laughed at this.

"How's the job going?" asked Naina.

"It's going good." replied Divya.

"When are you two returning permanently?" At Adityaraj's question, both the girls narrowed their eyes at him. "What? I just want my daughters back with us."

"I second that." It was Jayvir. "You, two, should transfer here."

"Nope, not going to happen." said Aisha putting a piece of roti on her mouth.

"Aisha, don't speak with food in mouth" chided Naina

"Chill, mom" At this, Aisha earned a glare from her mother.

"So, what's the plan for today?"

"Netflix and food, Mami." Aisha responded to Mahima's question.

"Of course, Why do I even ask this question?"

After the meal everyone went to their respective works while the girls retired to their room.

A/N A small chapter again, I just wanted a small insight on their family. I hope you guys liked it. Next chapter will be set in Udaipur. I would be not writing much about the festival as our way of celebrating and Indians' way of celebrating is different, so I am sorry if you guys expected a festive filled chapter.