𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

꧁☆★ 𝒜𝓃 𝒰𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽 ★☆꧂

20th November 2022

Aisha and Divya were having their breakfast when their phones beeped with a notification. It was a news headline. "A police sub inspector found dead near Matrix club."

The article read, "The police force has found the body of sub-inspector Maan Bahadur Yadav in an alley near Matrix club. "Mrs. Yadav called to inform us of Maan Bahadur's disappearance. We looked everywhere that was possible. He was already deceased when we discovered him in the alleyway next to the Matrix Club. We have a suspicion that the punches he took during his brutal beating caused him to pass dead, but we are currently awaiting the results of the postmortem to arrive at that conclusion. We assure you all that his culprit will get the punishment"," says the recently transferred ACP Aditya Kashyap."

"What the hell?" Divya exclaimed. "They killed Yadav. He was the only one who could help us find the kidnapper. How are we going to find this culprit now, Aish?"

Divya looked at Aisha who was in deep thoughts. Divya shook her shoulder calling her, "Aisha."

"Aditya Kashyap." Aisha said in a low voice.

"Aditya Kashyap? What about him?" Divya asked her.

"What is he doing here in Udaipur?" Aisha wondered.

"What kind of question is that, Aisha??" Divya did not understand why her best friend was bothered by the ACP.

"I need to go." saying that Aisha picked up the scooter keys and ran out.

"Aisha, Aisha." Divya called out, running after her, but the lift door closed.

Not understanding the sudden flight of Aisha, Divya called Atharva and informed her of what had happened. She was really worried about her best friend.

Within 20 minutes, Atharva reached the building where Divya was waiting for him. They continuously called Aisha, but that girl did not pick up their calls worrying them more.

Meanwhile, Aisha reached the police station. She asked the sub inspector there to inform ACP of her arrival but none of them paid attention to her. Getting agitated, Aisha barked in ACP's cabin.

"Aisha?" Aditya spoke recognizing the girl.

"I am sorry, sir. I tried to stop her." said the officer that came running after Aisha. Aditya dismissed him before turning to her.

"We need to talk." Aisha stated. Aditya raised his brow at her and said, "I am busy."

"I know who killed Yadav." Aditya jerked his head towards her at a speed listening to her statement.

"Who?" Aditya asked with a serious face.

"Not here." Aditya looked at her before nodding his head saying. "Lead the way."

Aisha took Aditya to her apartment unaware of the raging bull inside the flat.

"Where the hell were you?" Atharva bellowed the moment he saw her entering the flat completing ignoring the man following her.

"Yuvraj." Aisha muttered with wide eyes.

"Do you have any idea how risky it is to roam outside alone? You have a fucking murderer on your back and you go around without telling anyone? You could have gotten yourself killed, for god's sake. For once, Aisha, for fucking once, think of yourself or the people who cares for you."

Before any of them could speak again, Aisha hugged him. Something in her told her to hug him, which she did. Atharva was taken aback by this gesture but nonetheless he hugged her back. Even though it had been just a little more than a month since they had known each other properly, they had developed a close bond. Unknowingly, Aisha had found herself getting attached to him.

"God, you scared me, little one." Atharva muttered hugging her tightly.

"I am fine." Aisha spoke in a small voice rubbing his back, which calmed him down.

They had forgotten about the other people in the room until they heard a clearing of a throat. Divya looked like a child who had just gotten his candy and Aditya looked like he would be anywhere but there.

"Who are you?" Atharva was the first one to break the silence that had prevailed in the room.

"ACP Aditya Kashyap." Aditya replied.

"And why are you here instead of police station?" Atharva asked him in a harsh tone.

"Why don't you ask that question to your girlfriend, Mr. Rathore?"

"I am not his girlfriend." Aisha replied immediately. "Why did you come to Udaipur, Mr. Kashyap?"

"Who killed Yadav?" Aditya cross questioned her.

"How would she know that?" This time it was Divya who spoke.

"You don't know?" Aditya asked Aisha in confusion.

"First tell me about Mihika's case then I will tell you about Yadav." Aisha said with determination.

"You are playing with wrong person, Ms. Agarwal." warned Aditya.

"I know, Mr. Kashyap. I know." Aisha said. "I also know why you are here in Udaipur. Your suspicion is right. I was in Mumbai for Mihika."

"Aish-"

"No, Divi. This is the only way to capture the murderer." Aisha cut off Divya. "The same person who killed Mihika, killed Yadav, officer. We need a solid plan to capture the culprit."

"What makes you think I would believe you?" Aditya asked her.

"Your transfer to Udaipur." Aisha replied with a smirk

Aditya sighed before asking, "What's the plan?"

"We will publish an article on newspaper stating the accident that happened in Mumbai has connection with Yadav's death. But you will neither accept nor deny it when media asks you."

"How will that be a benefit?" It was Atharva who asked the question.

"Media has power, Mr. Rathore. When this news becomes viral, the attackers first guess would definitely be Aisha as she was in the accident spot. Her stalker knows ACP Kashyap is with us at the moment. It would not take them time to puzzle the pieces. The girl who asked those men to put drug in Aisha's foods will definitely visit them and we have to catch her red-handed. She will tell us about her boss." Divya explained.

"What do you mean by 'her boss'? Atharva asked.

"That girl is not the main culprit, Yuvraj." Aisha replied.

"What if they try to do Aisha's accident, like they did to Mihika?" Aditya asked.

"They will not. I would be with Aisha all the time, so they would avoid getting me in this mess." Atharva said.

"Okay" saying that Aditya left the building to resume his duty. 

(How was the chapter guys? Please comment down your views on it.)