𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

꧁☆★ 𝒜 𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 ★☆꧂

10th November 2022

Author's POV

It had already been two weeks, but the culprit behind Aisha's attack had still not been found. The men were really frustrated with the outcome.

Meanwhile, the girls were making progress on the kidnapping case. Aisha had gotten a message from Yadav about the supposed kidnapping that was going to happen. So, she had left for Mumbai last night, where the next victim, Mihika, a 19-year-old, lived. Nobody was aware of her departure except for Divya. Or maybe that's what Aisha thought.

Aisha was waiting at the bus stop near where Mihika took her bus to college. When Mihika's college bus arrived, she got into an automobile and rode along with it. She wasn't aware that she was being followed either. She spent the entire day in the café by the college's main entrance, remaining there until Mihika's classes were over. She rushed towards Mihika as soon as she emerged from the gate, but she had to stop when a car suddenly sped up and hit Mihika on its way. Walking closer, Aisha saw the younger girl, who had been stained with her own blood.

The scene in front of shocked Aisha to the core. She remembered the Mihika who had left her house with a smiling face in the morning. She took out the water bottle from her bag and fed the water to the young girl. She knew with the traffic of Mumbai, ambulances would be late, so she called for a nearby auto but before the auto could reach them the young soul left the world. Tears streamed down Aisha's eyes looking at the limp, bloodied body on her lap.

The police came after half an hour with an ambulance and took Mihika's body to the hospital for a postmortem, while Aisha was taken for an investigation.

"What is your relationship with the victim?" asked Aditya Kashyap, the ACP.

"I am a stranger." replied Aisha.

"A stranger. Why were you staying in the café for the whole day? And why did you walk towards the victim after exiting the café? It looks like you were waiting for her." Aditya spoke again gauging her reaction which she gave none.

"I was working in the café. And I did not walk towards her. I was simply returning home." Aisha replied.

"Home? Udaipur?" asked Aditya with a dangerous smirk. "We found the flight ticket in your bag, Ms. Agarwal. So, you better give the real reason of what you are doing here?"

"Having a flight ticket does not prove anything. And I already told you I was there for work." Aisha replied with annoyance.

He looked at her sharply, and when he became sure that she would not say more than that, he asked the lady constables to take her away.

"Wait" Aisha yelled before they could put her behind the bars.

"Um, I am allowed to make one phone call, right?" she asked looking at the ACP Kashyap.

Aditya looked at the lady constable, who gave Aisha her phone. Aisha immediately dialed the number she knew would get her out of this. The phone was on speaker as per the ACP's order.

"Aisha?" came Mahima's voice from other side.

"Mami, I had come to Mumbai for a small book event, and I got stuck on the Police station because the kind version of me decided to help the girl who was a victim of the accident, and this ACP is not letting me go." She said everything innocently.

"Give the phone to the ACP", ordered Mahima.

Aditya allowed Aisha to leave the police station after Mahima and he had a brief conversation. Aditya continued to be suspicious of Aisha. He was determined to uncover the connection and the offender because he was aware that there was a connection between the accident and the girl who had just left.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

Divya was just packing her belongings to leave the office when she got a call from Aisha. She picked up the call with a smile, but the smile turned into a worried frown the moment she heard the sniff from the other side.

"Aisha?"

"She died." Two words. Aisha only needed to say two words before she broke down in tears. Divya was astounded as well. Aisha was supposed to put an end to the kidnapping, right? So, how did Mihika pass away? When she heard Aisha's next words, her train of thought came to an immediate stop.

"They killed her, Divi, in front of my eyes and I could not do anything."

"I thought they were planning kidnapping?" Divya asked confused with the turn of events.

"I thought so, too. But a car came at speed, hit her and ran. And do you know what's more frustrating? The number plate was blank. She was covered with blood, Divi. She died on my arms, and I could do nothing. I was supposed to save her from being kidnapped, not let her take her last breath on my lap, Divya." At the end of her words, Aisha had started crying again.

"Aisha, shh. Calm down. Wash your face and take deep breaths. We will talk after you come back. Okay? Don't cry. Crying will not bring her back." After feeling Aisha calmed down, Divya cut the call and left the office. But what the girls were unaware of was that their talk being  overheard. 

(How was the chapter? Please share your views on it. I would be motivated if you guys shared your opinions. So, please comment, guys. Please)