𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

꧁☆★ 𝐹𝒶𝒸𝑒-𝑜𝒻𝒻 ★☆꧂

25th November 2022

A worried Purnima was pacing in her living room. Her sons had left the house since last night and had still not returned yet. It was already 1 o' clock in the afternoon.

Suddenly the main door of the palace opened. Purnima rushed towards the door to see her sons with Aisha and an unknown injured girl.

"Oh my god. What happened?" she asked worriedly.

"Divya met with a small accident. That's all, mom. Nothing to be worried about." Abhiraj said.

"Nothing to be worried about? Huh? You two leave home at night without telling anyone anything and them come back next day with an injured girl and say nothing happened?" Purnima yelled at her sons.

After a while, they all settled in the guest room while Purnima went to bring goods for them.

"Your mom is scary." Divya said looking at Abhiraj.

"Wait until you meet your own mom." Aisha said. "They are on their way."

"Oh, no. I am not returning to Delhi. No, no. Couldn't you wait for some days?" Divya whined.

Aisha just rolled her eyes and turned towards Abhiraj, "You better take her to a date before she shifts to Delhi permanently."

"Aisha" whined Divya.

"And they won't punish you? You are equally at fault, remember." Atharva said, raising his brows to Aisha who was enjoying teasing her best friend.

Aisha just huffed at him while others chuckled looking at her.

Half an hour later, the Chauhan and Agarwal couples burst through the room, they had settled in.

The women hugged their daughters simultaneously. When they parted from the hug, Naina gave them a murderous glare and said, "Explain."

The girls gulped looking at each other and explained everything from the beginning.

"You could have talked to us, right?" Mahima said with a sigh.

"We had no evidence until last week, so we thought not to disturb you all." Aisha muttered with a low voice.

"I am so angry at you two for getting almost killed but I am proud too." Naina said the last sentence with a smile.

"When I had said, I want a daughter like you, this is not what I had meant." Adityaraj Agarwal said looking at his wife and daughter.

"Why are you clinging to my daughter like a leech?" Jayvir narrowed his eyes at Abhiraj who was sitting beside Divya.

Divya looked at her dad and at Abhiraj. She held Abhiraj's hand and said, "Meet my boyfriend, Abhiraj Singh Rathore."

Aditya narrowed his eyes at Divya and said, "Nope. You are too young to have a boyfriend."

"Dad, please." Aisha said.

"Welcome to the family, son." Mahima said and both the women hugged him making their husbands gape at them.

Divya looked at her father and uncle with a cheeky grin, "Approved by headquarters."

Adityaraj turned to Atharva and narrowed his eyes at younger man for a while and then he looked at his daughter. "You are too old for my daughter."

Atharva's eyes became wide, and he gaped at the older man. Naina slapped her husband's arms and turned towards the elder Rathore prince. "Don't mind him. He is just jealous because you are handsome and if you want to date my daughter, you have my approval."

Naina had not missed the emotions Atharva had in his eyes while gazing at Aisha.

Aisha blushed hearing her parents' words while Atharva rubbed his neck feeling awkward.

🍁🍁🍁

Later in the evening they were called by ACP Kashyap to the police station. Mahima and Naina too tagged with them. Dhruv along with his wife were already present there. Aakash was trying to manipulate his nephew.

"This girl, Dhruv. This girl is trying to trap me" Aakash said as soon as he saw Aisha. Aisha raised an eyebrow at his statement and said, "Divya's tracker had a recorder planted in it, Saxena." Her sentence made him keep quiet.

"Is it true he killed my parents?" Dhruv asked his best friend with his moistened eyes. This was the first time after years, Atharva had seen him like this. So, vulnerable. Last time was when his parents died.

Atharva nodded his head solemnly.

"No, Dhruv, beta. Don't believe them." Aakash screamed. However, Dhruv ignored him and turned towards Naina. "Will you fight this case against him, ma'am? I want him to get punished severely."

Naina looked at the man in front of her. At the moment, he looked nothing like the businessman in his late twenties, instead she saw a young boy who had lost his family in him. Her motherly instinct kicked in and she gave the guy a huge hug. Her hug gave him a warm feeling. And that was it. Just a hug. One hug made him break all the 'I am okay' façade he had created around himself. He broke down in front of everyone. Dhruv Saxena cried in the arms of Naina Verma for the pain of his parents' loss and the betrayal of his uncle.

Everyone's eyes moistened seeing the scene in front of them. A lone tear escaped from the eye of Aakash Saxena. His revenge had gotten him here. If he hadn't been so blinded by hate, then his brother and sister-in-law would have been alive and his nephew, whom he loved like his son would not have shed tears because of him. Dhruv would not be hating him.

(So, how was the chapter guys? Please vote and comment. Please. Don't be a silent reader. Your engagement will greatly motivate me. One more chapter and Epilogue is remaining.)