𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Dedicated to Niharikachalla

 ꧁☆★ 𝒟𝒾𝓌𝒶𝓁𝒾 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐼𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓃𝓉 ★☆꧂

24th October 2022

Author's POV

Aisha and Divya reached the venue where the party was located. Divya took both to one of her seniors, Ankita, with whom she was closer than the others.

Divya introduced Aisha as her cousin to Ankita and all of them started talking to one another. Their talk was interrupted by Abhiraj who had come to call Divya. Divya left with Abhiraj after making sure Aisha was comfortable.

"So, Aisha, how are you liking the party?" asked Ankita.

"It's good but seems less crowded." She replied looking at her surroundings.

"That's because the party is a private one." Before any of them could say anything, they were interrupted by a voice saying, "You look uncomfortable."

"Stop scaring people, idiot" Ankita said to the girl that interrupted them. "By the way, this is Aadhya, my twin and Aadhya, this is Aisha."

"Hello, Aisha." said Aadhya. Aisha replied with a small, "Hi."

"Are you okay, Aisha? You look uncomfortable." Aisha was taken aback by her question but still nodded saying, "Yeah. I am good. What makes you say so?"

"First of all, I apologize if my bluntness offended you. And to answer your question, you frequently cast uneasy glances in the direction of your surroundings. even though it's rarely apparent. If you have any issues, please share them with us." Aadhya spoke softly.

Panic began to grow inside of Aisha. This was apparently noticed by Aadhya, who then led Aisha and herself to a quiet area away from the crowd. She gently pushed Aisha onto a chair and then sat down next to her, taking her hands in her own.

"Aisha, look at me. Take a deep breath and slowly release it." Aisha followed her words and relaxed after a while.

"I am so sorry, Aisha. It was not my intention to make you feel uncomfortable. I am really sorry for the inconvenience I caused. Do you want to go back there? I will not disturb you" Aadhya was feeling guilty.

"I have social anxiety disorder." The moment those words left Aisha's mouth; Aadhya's rambling stopped. It was the first time Aisha had shared this to someone who was not Divya. Nervousness was visible in her face.

"I am a resident doctor, and though I am planning to do a PG in cardiology, I can hear your thoughts on how you feel. You can share with me. Does anyone other than you know about this?" asked Aadhya.

"Other than Divya, nobody knows." Seeing Aisha remain silent after saying this, Aadhya added, "You don't need to say anything if you don't feel comfortable. It's fine; don't pressure yourself." She applied a gentle squeeze to Aisha's hand.

"I want to talk about it." Aisha said hesitantly. She took a deep breath before continuing. "Knowing that you can't go out because you're worried that people will judge you or that you'll make a fool of yourself is difficult. I constantly get the impression that people are looking at me and talking about me. I think I don't belong anywhere. I still feel the same way right now, at this party too. Simply put, this is not over yet. My professional life has also been greatly impacted by this. I'm afraid I'll say something embarrassing to my seniors, and that's why I can't even discuss my ideas with them. There's always that nagging fear. Although I want to enjoy the party, my fears always get the better of me. Just like right now, my hands and feet are trembling as I speak to you. At times, it's frustrating. I also experience panic attacks, which is another thing. It feels like someone is squeezing the life out of you, like you're about to pass away."

"Have you talked with any medical professionals?"

"No." Aisha replied. Aadhya nodded before saying, "I assume you have no friends due to this, no offense, so how about we try to lessen its impact on you by giving you a few friends with whom you can enjoy and slowly socialize?" Aisha looked at her incredulously.

"Hi, I am Aadhya Verma, a resident doctor in Life Heart Hospital, Udaipur." She said forwarding her hands for handshake. Aisha let out a chuckle before giving her hands and replied, "Nice to meet you, Aadhya. I am Aisha Agarwal, a junior computer engineer in SoftTech Foundation, Udaipur Branch." They both laughed looking at each other.

A little later, a man in his late twenties joined them. "Aisha, meet him, my stupid boyfriend, Karan and Karan, this is my new friend, Aisha."

"I hope she has not talked your ear offs" he said apologetically to Aisha.

"No, she hasn't." Aisha said with a smile.

"By the way, what are you two doing here? At this corner? Let's go and meet others."

They were about to move when suddenly they heard from behind, "There you are."

"I have been searching for you everywhere." Divya said heaving a sigh.

"I am sorry for that. Guys, this is Divya, my sister and Divya, this is my new friend, Aadhya and her boyfriend, Karan.' Aisha introduced them. Divya's eyes gleamed when she heard Aisha referring to her as sister.

After that they all moved towards the place where the hosts were settled. The entire Rathore, Saxena and Shekhawat family were present there along with Aadhya's twin, Ankita.

"Aisha?" It was Shreya who had noticed them first. 

"Hello, ma'am."

"I don't think the introduction is needed but this is Aisha-"

"Your cousin, the one you told me about, right?" Shreya interrupted Divya. At this Divya nodded.

"Wait a minute, how do you know Aisha?" asked Karan with confusion.

"Karan, she is the same Aisha who is working on Atharva's project." Dhruv replied with a smirk. Karan looked at Atharva with narrowed eyes before adding, "She is also Aadhya's new friend."

"What?" Others chorused together, perplexing Divya and Aisha and making Aadhya roll her eyes.

"Is something wrong?" Aisha asked, feeling confused by their reaction.

"No, no. We are just surprised as Aadhya barely makes friends." Atharva answered her question which made his two best friends wiggle their eyebrows at him teasingly which he royally ignored knowing his friends were overdramatic.

"Because the majority of the girls I've met are either rich spoiled brats with too much attitude or gold diggers. So, of course, I would have barely any friends." Aadhya stated, and the others agreed.

They moved toward the open area where they were lighting firecrackers after talking for a while. Aisha suddenly passed out as they were playing with the fireworks, alarming everyone. Atharva was the person most worried, next to Divya.

"Aisha, open your eyes." Atharva said, patting her cheeks, worry was visible in his words. Divya sprinkled some water on her but still she did not wake up which worried them further.

Atharva himself carried her to his car in bridal style, safely seated her in the backseat alongside Divya, and then drove them to the hospital while others followed him in their own vehicles.

A/N        

 What's a party without a drama, right? How do you feel about the chapter? Was it good or bad? The dresses of the girls is posted above.