chapter 7

i was scrambling around my house trying to find my suitcase. today the hughes siblings plus all of jacks closets friends, so most of his team, were heading to our cabin at a ski resort in colorado for the next week and a half. our parents weren't coming along since they didn't wanna deal with a bunch of teenagers for christmas and new years.

"jack where's that one sweatshirt" i yelled across the house, referring to our colorado ski resort sweatshirt that our whole family got a couple years ago.

"in the laundry" he yelled back, i quickly ran downstairs quickly grabbing the sweatshirt as trevor and cole pulled into the driveway.

"hello hughes family" cole announced walking in.

once we were all done packing we split through out the cars, me trevor jack and cole in my jeep. and beecher alex luke and quinn in quinn's truck.

"we're stopping at mcdonald's like halfway through" quinn yelled out his truck. i gave him a thumbs up as we headed out the driveway.
-
after a 19 hour car ride and a bunch of arguments and sleepy boys we finally made it to the cabin. i walked in and ran to my room.

"home sweet home" i flopped on my bed. trevor came in and dropped his bags.

"dam, this place is nice" he smiled and laid next to me.

"i'm glad you could come" i looked over.

"stop being gross, we're going" jack yelled into the room, we all got our gear on and headed towards the slopes.

me jack and cole went to the snowboarding hills and the rest of them headed towards the ski slopes.

"i'm going down boys see ya" i said releasing onto the hill.
-
after a long night of skiing and snowboarding all the boys were getting ready for bed, but i sat out on the deck and thought about life. how lucky i was to have all these amazing people.

i heard the door open but i didn't think anything of it, i kept staring into the sky. trevor cleared his throat causing me to turn my head.

"whatca doing" he took a seat next to me on the cold deck.

"just thinking" i sighed.

"summer..." he paused.

"don't worry trev. i'm alright" i turned away from him and watched the white snow fall. i could tell he was staring at me. "i love you trev, and i'm so happy to have you" i smiled and grabbed his face. he smiled and rested his head against my mine.

"god, i love you so much more then you'll ever know" he laughed. i looked back at the snow before turning back to him.

"let's get married" i bit my lip trying to hold in my smile. he looked at me and smiled.

"come here" he opened his arms. i went and sat on his lap. "you right let's get married" he kissed my cheek.

"we should get 2 dogs " i said leaning into him.

"summer i have to get a ring first" he exclaimed and grabbed my hand and looked at it. i reached into my pocket and pulled out a promise ring i stole from my mom, she got it from my dad a while ago.

"here, will this do?" i handed it to him. he nodded and slipped it on my finger.

"for now, until we're legally old enough and i have the money" he laughed.

"well we have to tell everyone" i stood up and grabbed his hand, we walked inside and everyone was in living room.

"well everyone, we have a announcement" trevor looked at me.

"oh god." jack grabbed his forehead. "please don't tell me i'm gonna be uncle" he groaned.

"no, we're married" i yelled showing everyone my hand. all the boys obviously knew it was fake but they all jumped up and hugged us. jack gave me a extra long hug.

"can i plan the wedding" turcs yelled. we all laughed and made a big group hug. after that we all went to our bedrooms.

"summer, i can't have like 25 people be my groomsmen" he sighed flopping on our bed.

"you'll just have to pick your favorites" i shrugged going to lay down.
-
the next morning bright and early we were all up about to hit the hills since tomorrow was christmas and we would be busy all day.

on my way to the ski lift with jack we ran into kaakpo kakko, jacks worse enemy. we tried to walk past him but he followed us.

"well if it isn't my favorite people of all time" he spoke.

"go away" jack said in a bitchy tone.

"well, i'm trying to snowboard, just like the 2 of you" he smiled smugly as we all reached the line and then we were stuck with him on the lift.

"mind if i get your number" kaakpo spoke.

"she has a boyfriend actually" jack spoke up to him before i could.

"well he doesn't have to know does he" kaakpo shrugged.

"he does actually" i grinned turning my head away. he scoffed before finally we were off the lift.

"what the fuck what is he doing here?" jack said seeming very annoyed.

"i have no idea, doesn't he live across the world?" i said clipping my boots back into my board. jack just rolled his eyes and started going down. before i could go down i felt someone grab my arm and of course it was kaakpo, and i had no one to help me this time since jack was already half way down the mountain and probably wasn't going to look back.

"just give me your number please, then i'll leave you alone" he said tightening his grip on my wrist.

"no" i grunted and finally got out of his grip. he followed me down the mountain until i ran into all the boys.

"who's that?" beecher asked.

"kaakpo kakko, he is freaking me out" i said walking back to the cabin. i could feel all the boys look around at each other wondering what's wrong.

"hey what's wrong" trevor grabbed my shoulder, turning me around.

"i don't know" i kept walking.

"is it kaakpo?" he ran after me.

"yes, i'm scared of him very, first he's coming after jacks career and he's just creeping me out" i stopped once we reached the cabin.

"trust me i'll handle it" he smirked as we walked into the cabin. we both changed and i made us some hot chocolate and we cuddled on the couch.

"i'm sorry he upset you" he said as i ran my fingers through his hair.

"it's ok, i just didn't want you to think that i liked him or that he was trying to get with me" i said.

"i love you summer" he smiled. we made small talk for a little bit until everyone came back.