chapter 11

"shit, get up summer, we're gonna miss our flight" trevor yelled. i groaned and looked at the clock.

"you asshole our flight doesn't leave for 6 hours" i threw a pillow at him. he giggled and started throwing stuff into his suitcase. "why are you already ready and so dressed up" i asked rolling out of bed.

"um brunch" he held up a pink flowy dress, that he grabbed out of my suitcase.

"i'm not wearing that to brunch and get out of my suitcase" i shook my head and grabbed it.

"come on, you'll look great" he pleaded. i shook my head.

"this then?" he held up a orange romper. i nodded and grabbed it. "you look cute in the morning" he kissed me. i got ready and we went to brunch.

"ugh, i love new york i never wanna leave" i took a sip of my coffee.

"then let's come back next weekend" he shrugged.

"you have a game actually" i replied.

"weekend after?"

"no me and mia are going to tour UMich" i said scrolling through my calendar app.

"but your going to BU, why do you need to see UMich, ugh please don't go there" he grabbed my hand.

"trevor please, mia just wants to see it, i'm not changing my mind i promise, plus what if i don't get in" i squeezed his hand. he nodded and we finished brunch.
-
"god i hate michigan" i rolled my eyes as we reached my car.

"i don't" he sang as we hopped in my car. i rolled my eyes again and started the car.

we spent our drive home talking about hockey and school.

"home sweet home" i said as we hopped out of my car and ran into my house, to get greeted by our golden retriever charlie.

"hi charlie, oh yes your such a good boy" trevor said kissing and petting the dog.

"jeez i don't even get that much attention" i laughed grabbing his arm and leading him into the living room where are whole family sat.

"we're back" i yelled walking infront of the tv.

"welcome back" jack jumped up, and gave both of us a hug. we got hugs from everyone.

"i'm gonna head upstairs" i grabbed my suitcase and walked up.

the boys played video games and i facetimed mia and we did our so called sunday reset, which consisted of doing laundry, homework and her telling me all about beecher and me telling her all about my trip. after about 3 hours mia had to go and i wanted to sleep. i turned off my lights and climbed into bed.
-
"morning sleepy head" jack said shaking me awake.

"jack, get out" i kicked him away. he raised his arms and walked out.

"fine but get up" he said slamming the door. i screamed into my pillow and rolled out of bed. i got ready very quick and ran downstairs.

"let's go" jack grabbed my arm.

"morning everyone" beecher announced as we exited our car.

"morning" i yawned.

the day was spent very tired and bored, mondays we're boring, especially after the amazing weekend i just had.

i was sitting in my car waiting for the traffic to pass since i didn't feel like raging at it today. i was sleepily scrolling on instagram before trevor opened my passenger door.

"can we go take a nap in your bed" he gave me puppy dog eyes.

"yes, but only for a little bit cause i have to babysit the neighbors and you have practice" i nodded and poked his chest. i turned my car on. "im exhaustedd" i exaggerated as we pulled out of school. he laughed.

"ahh i love your bed" he said running up to my room. i couldn't help but laugh at him. i grabbed some fruit and chips up for us.

"how long until practice" i asked walking into the room.

"i don't know and i don't care, i just wanna sleep" he closed his eyes.

"mk" i said laying down and grabbing my laptop. i did some school work and of course trevor was sleeping within minutes. i closed my eyes for a bit.

"get up fuckers, you have to babysit and we have practice" cole shouted walking into my room.

"jesus cole" i said slowly stirring awake. "why the hell are you in my room" i shoved him away.

"cause we have practice in 45 minutes, and you need to be babysitting in like 15 so come on kids let's get up and get going" cole clapped his hands and dragged trevor out of bed. i quickly changed into different clothes and did my hair in a low messy bun.

"alright bye boys, jack and trev im picking y'all up tonight" i yelled and walked out of the house. i drove to the kids i was watching school to get them.
-
a few hours later the kids mom came home.

"hey dear, would you be able to watch them tomorrow night, i know you have a road trip this weekend" she smiled. "you can bring trevor if you want too" she finished.

"oh yea, i can come tomorrow night, pick them up from school again?" i asked.

"yes, i won't be home until 7 but oliver has a game at 4 so that's why i offered trevor come along, i bet he'd like that" she said grabbing ellie from the ground. oliver is one of trevor's favorite little kids from the rink.

"trevor loves oliver so i bet he would love that, i'll see you tomorrow" i smiled and walked out of the house. i pulled into the USA hockey arena and waited for the boys. even though the boys played for USA they kept the minor league rink very close there hearts.

"trevor i have exciting news" i said as he climbed in the car. he hummed waiting for a response. "so i have to watch oliver and ellie again tomorrow night, but oliver has a game, so jenny wants you to come with and help me watch them" i said turning on my car.

"hell ya i love oliver" he punched his fist into the air. after i took trev and cole home, then me and jack headed home.

"i made chicken and potatoes" our mom yelled.

"yesss thank you mom love you" jack jumped up and down. i laughed and sat down at the table.

"summer" jack dropped his fork.

"jack" i mimicked him and dropped my fork too.

"i need your help im failing bio and algebra, so help me out, otherwise i can't play this weekend" he sighed. i ended up helping him for the rest of the night.