chapter 18

5 months later

quinn was moving into college today, which was a sad day for most of us, except for luke.

"i finally get the big room" luke cheered running out of his room with his "umich hockey" shirt on. i had on a blue top with jean shorts and blue and yellow shoes on for umichs colors obviously.

"alright i think i'm ready" quinn walked down the stairs with the last of his things.

"alright, well let's get going then" my dad said opening the door and we all headed out.

once we arrived at umich after the dreadful 3 hour car ride, we headed straight for the dorms to get everything unloaded.
-
once we finally unloaded and set everything up, quinn had to go to orientation so we decided to leave.

"i'll see you in a couple days for the draft, and of course some parties" i said while giving quinn a hug.

"uh, no parties" my mom shook her head. we all laughed.

"bye summer, i'll miss ya" we released from the hug and we all started back home.
-
"summer help me" luke yelled across the house. i walked into where i thought he would be. quinn's room.

"jeez luke, why are u already moved in, we've been home for 1 hour" i said walking in and looking around.

"i've been waiting for this room since we moved in" luke exclaimed.

"well hurry up and move cause we have to pack for the draft" i patted his shoulder before i actually started helping him hang things up and paint.

"what the hell are you 2 doing" jack asked walking in as me and luke were painting the room.

"this is my room now buddy" luke patted jacks shoulder.

"uhh you guys know we're leaving tomorrow for dallas, and this is your concern?" jack scratched his head. "anyways i wanna help" jack grabbed the paintbrush out of my hand.

"hey, give that back" i said trying to grab it which caused him to flick the paint at me.

"i'm sorry" jack yelled as i reached into the paint can and put it all over his shirt.

"it's on bitch" jack continued to flick the paint at me. eventually luke joined and it went on for a good 10 minutes.

"shit guys, the walls" i looked around. we all looked concerned before we all started dying of laughter.

"what are you kids doing" our dad walked in. "what the hell" he looked around at us.

"get this painted up before mom gets home" he hit the doorframe and left. we cleaned up our paint mess and all took showers before packing up for the week ahead.
-
"a week in dallas for the nhl draft, no fair" trevor said in my room helping me pack.

"you could have came" i turned around.

"nah, i have to prepare for school the week after" he laughed.

"yea like you have that much to prepare for, it's senior year, we have like 2 classes" i laughed.

"i can't wait for college together" he said excitedly when i laid down by him.

"yes" i smiled.
-
we landed in dallas, and they were so right about the 'everything is bigger in texas', the food was huge and the drinks.

"alright we need to get our rental car and get to the hotel to meet quinn" our mom was running through the airport. the 3 of us couldn't stop laughing.

we ended up at the hotel around a hour later and quinn was waiting for us. we got some dinner and then went swimming since the draft wasn't until tomorrow. the hot texas sun was much better then the sun back home.

"shh" i heard luke giggle as i opened my eyes to see the boys standing above me.

"dammit luke, you ruined it" quinn threw his arms up. i laughed at the boys but before i could think i was in the water.
-
we woke up saturday morning and started getting ready to get going to the draft. quinn had a nice suit on and i had a black one sleeved dress on with my hair curled. and of course i was the last one getting ready.

"it's gonna be time for jack to get drafted before summer is even done getting ready" luke complained.

"im coming shut up" i yelled through the hotel clipping my earrings in. we headed down to meet the other boys that quinn was getting drafted with and then they got out on the bus, and we had a uber.

we walked into the convention center and it was packed, we met up with quinn and found our seats. i felt someone tap my shoulder and turned around to see trevor.

"what are you doing here" i gave him a huge hug. he came and sat by us.

"your welcome" jack leaned over and smiled. i gave my twin a hug and we focused our attention on the draft.

quinn got drafted to the canucks which was great for him, canada wasn't too far and he got to finish college first.

we went out to eat afterwards and partied a little bit for quinn. we headed back to the hotel and all went to sleep right away.
-
we've been home for about a week now and all the boys were over playing video games with jack. mia was also over, ava had left a couple minutes ago for work.

"ugh i can't believe in 2 days we're seniors" i groaned putting some laundry away.

"please don't remind me" mia groaned back. "is beecher here" she questioned.

"mmm i think so" i paused.

"ok well i'm gonna go downstairs, i'll send trevor up for you" she smiled walking out of my room.

"you don't need to do that" i yelled. the last couple of weeks the only thing trevor wanted to talk about was me going to nyu.

"hey babe" he smiled walking into my room.

"ok i'm telling you now i'm not listening to you talk about going to college together , ok" i smiled and kissed him. he nodded and we both laid down on my bed.