[2] "no interest"

GAVI's POV

"i'm surprised." pedri says as we lean on each other for support for these stretches. "de que?"

"well xavi has said to everyone who's even mentioned the gala about you and y/n being dates and this is the second time i've ever seen you two speak." yeah honestly, not even i know what xavi is on about. "well for one, i hardly see her, so i don't know how i could have a full on conversation with her. and two, xavi has said multiple times he wants everything to be perfect." though, i don't understand how that statement of everything he could've said is helping.

pedri agrees and we're done for the night.

i prefer our nightly practices over early mornings. i dread it. if it weren't for pedri who gives me a ride almost every day, i'd never get out of bed.

"me either but that doesn't mean you guys wouldn't be good together."

see that's the thing, just because we're the youngest on our teams and in the same club, should not have to mean people have to... ship us? god i need to get away from my sister who could talk about this subject for hours.

"yeah right. you said it yourself, i've never spoken to her."

"well you should cuz she's great. she's a great midfielder, probably better than you, she's pretty, dribbles like crazy-"

"who asked, ansu?" and where did he even come from? "also, better than me? te pasas, i know she's good but you didn't have to say it like that."

"but i did."

"but... you didn't?"

"but i-"

"oh shit she's still here." pedri points out. she's talking to xavi and they look like they're discussing something that might have to do with me by the way she's looking at me as i approach to get my water bottle. "gavi, venga aquí un ratito."

oh god.

"pues, i think we know why i have both of you here." y/n is looking down at the grass, meanwhile i'm already waiting for this conversation to end. "let me first start by saying i'm sorry for... false advertising? i don't actually know how to phrase it-"

"i do. it's more like lying to the media, but okay."

"and not telling either of us about it." i add on.

xavi nods, probably thinking we'd have nothing to say and accept his apology. "yes exactly that but you have to understand-"

"come on xavi. try understanding the death threats in my dm's."

my head snaps up after letting it fall, "los que?" she looks back up at me and nods slightly "you're fangirls aren't necessarily the nicest..." that's how bad xavi let it get?!

"y/n i'm really sorry-"

"gavi, y/n, i'm sorry. de verdad. i didn't think a little publicity would hurt either of you this bad, especially you y/n." i can sense how bad xavi feels, i really do. but the damage has already been done so...

"then be my actual date. it's not like we can call it off. that is if you'd like."

"oh?"

oh?

"is that a yes or a no?" she looks between xavi and i. but now thinking about it, i really shouldn't have put her on the spot.

"okay, i'll be your date." that was easier than i expected. "ENTONCES NO TENGO QUE ACER LLAMADAS?!" right cuz calls to take back what he said were gonna work. he starts clapping and pulls both y/n and i into him our faces are smashed into his chest. "mi pareja mas favorito!"

"xavi, it's not a real date and we aren't even dating?" y/n has to remind him.

"exactly." xavi let's us go anyways and moved aside when one of the players call his attention as he excused himself.

"gavi, i'm gonna be so very honest now that xavi is gone but i was originally supposed to go with jude bellingham and run off to paradise with him by the end of it and call him mine."

"what."

"i'm only joking but that doesn't mean he didn't ask." so that's why she was so annoyed. she was originally supposed to go with jude, or planned to anyways. "oh? wait okay let's rethink on our own. you want to go with jude? go with jude then." was that mean? after hearing myself it was sort of firm.

"but xavi! did you not just see him after i agreed?!" i cross my arms because at this point, i couldn't care less. "y/n, just call it whatever. you can decide, i'm fine either way."

yeah so what i'm frustrated? my practice ended like ten minutes ago and i feel like i'm dealing with school drama.

"can i give you an answer by tomorrow? i can give you my number so neither of us have to drop any plans for a simple yes or no."

"oh um... okay?" we exchange numbers and call it a night.

as i'm walking back, i'm trying to make it seem like i forgot something back there because pedri and ansu have their arms crossed and look like they could punch me any second now.

"you're an idiot. you're making her turn you down for some brit?!"

"no seriously man, Y/N L/N WAS JUST RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU HAD HER! EVEN IF IT WAS A FAKE DATE, YOU HAD HER!"

could they stop yelling for a second?

"she hasn't turned me down yet. regardless, will you both leave me alone about her already?!"

she has them wrapped around her finger and yet i, who's not interested, get put into all of this.