I'm Still Standing

It had been a month since my accident, and I had a brain bleed and I had broken my ankle and my elbow

It had been a month since my accident, and I had a brain bleed and I had broken my ankle and my elbow. Luckily, they only shaved a small amount of my hair, which could be easily covered. Blaine had spent every waking moment at my bedside while I was in the hospital. Whenever he fell asleep in the chair next to my bed, I couldn't help but think about how he looked when I woke up for the first time after being under anesthesia while they did brain surgery to stop the bleed. His hair was extremely messy, I assumed from him running his hands through it, which is something I did when we were at home to calm him down. He was sleeping, his head was resting on my bed and his hand was secured in mine. I squeezed it, and he instantly woke up.

"Sam, thank god." He sighed, taking my hand in both of his and kissing it.

"I'm okay." I whispered and he started crying.

I had to be in one of those one arm wheelchair since my elbow was snapped so I couldn't use crutches, but the doctor said I would be out of it soon enough because I could be in a boot in a few weeks. Quinn and I rolled up to Finn and Rachel at their lockers.

"Hi, guys! We missed you so much." Rachel said and Quinn cut her off.

"Don't, don't. We could of easily become one of those creepy memorial pages in the yearbook, but by the grace of god, we're here." She smiled and I nodded as Artie rolled up to us.

"Believe it or not, this is the happiest day of my life. Come on guys, I'll race you to the choir room!" She grinned, and took off.

[QUINN & SAMI]

You could never know what it's like

Your blood like a winter freezes just like ice

And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you

You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

[ARTIE]

And did you think this fool could never win

Well look at me, I'mma coming back again

I got a taste of love in a simple way

But if you need to know while I'm still standing