The Last Time

"Did you hear? The whole campus is abuzz." I smiled, running after Blaine as he walked out of NYADA.

"It's a drama school, Sam. When is it not abuzz?" He laughed and I rolled my eyes, finally catching up with him.

"They're renaming the dance studio after her. And a select group of students have been asked to perform at the ribbon-cutting." I said, and he stopped walking.

"I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with all of the old Broadway stars we're supposed to worship, who is that?" Blaine asked, and I grabbed his shoulders.

"June Dolloway! She's not an actress, she's like the coolest socialite in the world. She's the widow of Lester Dolloway, the mineral baron. Her picture's been taken by Helmut Newton and she took peyote with Joe Kennedy, allegedly. And she's pretty much the patron behind every artistic endeavor in Manhattan." I smiled, and he tilted his head.

"You've been hanging out with Kurt way too much. But we've got to make sure your picked as one of the performers." He laughed, grabbing my waist.

"I already was." I grinned and he instantly pulled me into a hug.

"Sam, that's amazing, I'm so happy for you! What are you going to sing?" He yelled, pulling away slightly, but made sure to still be touching me.

"I'm thinking The Last Time by Taylor Swift and Gary Lightbody." I smiled, squeezing his shoulders.

"I love that song, but that's a duet? Who's going to be your partner?" He asked, and I cupped his cheek.

"God, you are clueless. My partner is the one and only Blaine Anderson. We are a team, we're getting married. If something good happens to me, it happens to you." I laughed, and a genuine smile grew on his face, I could tell he was a little jealous before, which was understandable.

"I love you. Let's go rehearse." He smiled, and I grabbed his hand as we started to quickly walk back to our apartment, which was thankfully fumigated after Sue stayed the night there.

"Why are you staying with Mercedes and Sam? You would have way more fun with me." I sighed, sitting on Mercedes couch with Santana.

"I just prefer to not be around you and Blanderson when your alone, your pheromones are always going crazy." She shrugged, taking off her apron from the diner.

"Wait, what?" I laughed, choking on my drink, and Mercedes walked in the door.

"What are you doing home so early? I thought that you'd be in the recording studio all day." Santana said, completely ignoring my question.

"Yeah, well, my producer just listened to the Final Cut of my album and in his words, 'didn't hear a single.' Now, he's worried that the label won't give it a release date." She sighed, sitting on a chair across from us.

"Your just going to listen to those morons?" I scoffed, putting down my cup.

"If I don't get backed by the label, that means I won't get any promotion which means I don't get any airplay, which means I'm just another no-hit wonder." Mercedes shrugged, and Santana stood up.

"You'd still be doing a hell of a lot better than either of us. We would kill to be you right now, thinking about creating the perfect single to save my record deal." She laughed, and Mercedes took her eyes off the floor.

"Maybe you guys can. Santana, everytime we sang together, it was always magic. And Sami, I don't think we ever did a duet together, but you and Santana did, and it was amazing. Maybe you can help me find some of that again." Mercedes smiled, and I looked over to Santana, my eyebrows raised.

"I'm in." I said, and we all shook hands. We were trying to harmonize in the studio, but it was not working at all.

"Okay, listen. I'm not feeling it in here." Mercedes shrugged, looking over at the producer.