* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 *

𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒅𝒐.

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆.

My jaw drops as I stare at my father tears well up in my eyes, Ares looks across at me as I turn towards my father sending him a glare.

"You motherfucker, of course, you couldn't wait to banish me off could you!" I yell pointing my finger at him.

"Adrienne you are making a scene cut this shit out" My father grips my arm I scoff.

"You cut this shit out, I'm not fucking getting married!" I shout yanking my arm out of his grip.

"Gabriel out," Ares demands his gaze focused on me.

As I sit there with my head in my hands thinking about what has gone down in the past 5 minutes, my father goes to argue but instead just walks out I look up at him as the door closes his eyes already on mine.

"There is no way, I'll marry you!" I snap he rolls his eyes at me before stating.

"You want to be in this marriage as much as I do" I roll my eyes.

"You are mainly here so I can succeed, I won't ever love you" he continues as he passes me a ring.

"That's nice" I replied pulling my arm out of his grasp, and dropping the ring onto the table.

"I'm into wearing that it's ugly" I lie looking at him.

He snatches the ring off the table, he forcefully grabbed my hand sliding the ring onto my finger as he started walking away he whispered in my ear.

"See you soon... Wife" His warm breath on my neck made me shiver.

I scoff and walk out the door after him, looking for Valentina I see her talking to a man I walk up to her tapping her arm, and she looks back towards me sending a smile towards the man as she walks away with me towards the bar.

"What's up?" She asked as I ordered us some drinks

"I just got engaged to " I whisper

"Oh" she whispers running her hand on my arm in a comforting way the bartender hands us our drinks.

"Look there is Ace" she smiled

"Ace?" I question

"My husband" she smiled

"Oh wow, I did not expect that!" I awkwardly laughed.

"Oh it's no problem, we try to somewhat keep it on the down low" she smiled, as we continued to drink our wine.

--*--*

Valentina and I are laughing as we try to guess what people are saying, I'm extremely tired as I look at Valentina she looks tired even close to passing out. I watched as a man walked over to us he took a look at Valentina, and cursed under his breath she drunkenly smiled at him.

"Acee" she turns to me pointing.

"This is my husband" I tilt my head looking at him.

"Good for you" I smile nudging her side with a smirk on my face, he looks at me a glare obvious on his face as he pulls out his phone. Valentina and I talk more about random things I see someone stomp over towards us.

"Here we go.." I huff.

"Adrienne how much have you had to drink!" He demands

"I dunno" I giggle he looks at Ace as he grabs Valentina before Ares wraps his arm around my waist, he pulls me up from the bar stool, as we are walking across the ballroom we're stopped by Mattéo.

"You're not taking her anywhere De Luca" he grits I grin at my brother.

"She is to be my wife, she is coming with me" My lips scrunch in disgust as he mentions those words.

Mattéo rolls his eyes, stepping to the side as Ares and I walk by, as we walk outside, trailing behind Ace and Valentina, my heels continue to irritate the same spot on the back of my ankle, and I wince. Ares looked down at me, he stopped walking completely and brings his hands beneath my knees, carrying me bridal style. I giggled, putting my head on his chest, as walked towards Ace and Valentina's car, Valentina was sound asleep on Ace while he continued texting on his phone. When Ares and I got into the car, I put my head against the window and closed my eyes, as I drifted off to sleep I felt someone pull me toward them so my head was resting on their shoulder.

--*--*
Hope you liked this chapter 😌🤚

(edited on the 11th of Feb 2024)

More to come soon.