* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 *

I never knew the power, someone could hold over you, until now.

--*--*

Ares had cooked me breakfast this morning as a cute gesture before he had to excuse himself to take a phone call, he ended up leaving to meet someone and told me, he would be back shortly. It's around 4 p.m. and he still hasn't arrived home yet (Not that I'm complaining?). I'm now scanning through my closet hoping I brought an appropriate dress for tonight. My hands guided down the fabrics as I ran my hand through all my options they stopped on a strapless black mini dress, sliding it off its hanger I quickly put it on before gazing into the mirror. 

(Dress inspiration is placed at the top of the chapter.)

This dress had a deep neckline and hugged my waist it ended at the top of my mid-thigh, and went perfectly with my diamond necklace and silver earrings, with my wedding ring nicely contrasting with my newly manicured nails. I smiled in the mirror running my hand down the dress, I added my Saint Laurent's Opyum silhouette sleek black heel, which has an iconic gold-tone YSL heel that adds a twist to the outfit. I sat down and began to straighten my hair, before I could start my make-up I would prefer if my hair was done first.

"You look nice" Ares exclaimed from the doorway, making me jump in my spot.

"You scared me!" I placed a hand on my racing heart.

"I apologise darling." He smirked walking towards me.

"What did you do while I was gone?" He asked watching as I did my hair.

"I read some of my books?" He nodded

"What did you have for lunch?" He questioned.

"Nothing?" He frowned as I continued " I ate a lot at breakfast, and plus we're going out to dinner?" 

"That doesn't matter, you still need to eat." He scolded.

"I wasn't hungry?" I sighed " I don't see the problem, Ares." I frowned and continued to finish my hair.

--*--*

It was around 7 p.m. when we arrived at the restaurant, Leonardo was already waiting for us at our table his wife sitting silently beside him. he stood up and greeted us politely.

"Leonardo, this is my wife, Adrienne," Ares spoke his voice firm, I reached my hand out to shake his, but instead he kissed the top of my hand, my lips pulled up in a disgusted manner but I quickly composed myself as he straightened up to his original height which wasn't much taller than me.

"It's nice to meet you" He smiled.

"Likewise." I turned towards Ares, who put his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him as we sat down, he removed his arm from my waist and placed his hand on my thigh.

"Mr De Luca, I'm very thankful you accepted my offer to join us for dinner." Ares nodded before replying

"I want to know, what you want." His eyes scanned across Leonardo's attire which was a white suit that made him look washed out.