* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 *

I fell for you before I even realized I did.

-*-*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

I greeted Victoria and began to walk up the stairs towards my and Ares's bedroom I walked toward my side of the bed placing my phone on charge and answering a few messages I was seated on the side of the bed when I heard a door open turning around I watched Ares walk through the door a towel hanging low on his waist his hair was wet he looked up at me smirking as I scanned across his body my eyes trailed down towards his abs which had water dripping down them I seemed to realize I was sitting there just staring at his abs I turned red from embarrassment turning away.

"I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized, and he let out a laugh as he walked into the closet.

"You are my wife, you can look" He called out from the closet now walking out in some black slacks and a white button-up shirt which he was starting to do up.

"What did you do today?" He asked while walking to the vanity and placing his rings and watch back on.

"I went to a café and looked at a couple of shops "He hummed

"How was your meeting" He sighed.

"It was fine."  I nodded.

"We are all going out for dinner tonight." He walked back into the bathroom placing his towel into the hamper before adding

"So we will leave around seven?" he looked down at his watch "So that should give you enough time to get ready" I nodded sliding off the bed and into the closet looking through the dresses.

"How formal do I need to dress?" I asked from the closet

"Just dress presentably" he shrugged I rolled my eyes

"Ares, like fancy or fancy?"

"It's a fancy restaurant, Adrienne just wear a dress or something" I hummed looking through the dresses. I slid each option the opposite way the coathangers were scraping across the bars.

"Adrienne, It's not a big deal just get a dress" Ares walked into the closet

"Ares, It is a big deal you don't understand" I went back looking through all the dresses I had previously dismissed I watched Ares's hand grab a hanger that held a green floor-length dress

"This one" I hummed as I took the dress from his grasp and entered the bathroom. I removed my pink dress and slipped into the gorgeous deep green gown, pulling the straps along my shoulder and zipping it up while staring in the mirror. I started admiring my attire, which clung to my curves. I slipped open the drawer, picked up my mother's necklace, clasped it, and put on some dangly earrings. I smiled assessing my appearance, and began making my way out of the restroom, after pulling my hair securely into a slicked-back bun.

"You look beautiful, piccola." He stood up following me into the closet I leaned against the wall before sliding the clear heels onto my feet.

-*-*

Third-person POV:

The dinner was silent and awkward occasionally Adrienne would feel Ares look at her but she kept her eyes set on her food as she continued to eat her carbonara.

"How are you liking Italy, Adrienne?" Adrienne looked towards Stefano who was patiently awaiting her answer.

"It's quite lovely here" She spoke holding her hand over her mouth as she finished her mouthful, Stefano hummed.

"I heard you lived in France for a while?" Adrienne nodded, her eyes lightening up at the memory.

"I did, I studied over there and resided there for 4 years I've kept my apartment in Paris." Ares's forehead creased.

"Why?" Ares spoke annoyed, Adrienne brought her focus to him.

"I might visit there for a little?" His jaw clenched.

The dinner soon became silent once more, the only sounds were utensils hitting the plates.

"Excuse me, I'm going to pop to the restroom" Adrienne excused herself, walking away from the table.

"Ares, be more polite to the poor girl." Victoria scolded him, his eyes went towards his father who nodded agreeing with his wife.

"Si, mamma" Ares sighed but nodded, watching his wife walk back to the table.

"Are we all done here?" The waiter spoke as he stood at the top of the table.

"I am yes" Adrienne spoke lifting her wineglass towards her lips and finishing what was left, everyone was finished as well.

They all arrived home and Ares and Adrienne excuse themselves to their room to get ready for bed, Adrienne was constantly yawning on the car ride home and she could not wait to get out of these heels, her dress boning was digging into her side. She sat down at the vanity and began to take her hair out and massage her scalp letting her natural curls flow down her back, she then started to remove her jewelry Ares discard his suit jacket and walked into the closet.

"I'm going to have a bath," Adrienne announced walking into the bathroom.

Adrienne looked down at her dress not wanting it to get wrinkled she called out to Ares, and he stands near the door frowning as Adrienne stuck her head out the crack of the door.

"Can you please hang my dress up?" Ares nodded taking the dress from Adrienne's grasp.

--*--*

𝑨𝒓𝒆𝒔•

I watched as Adrienne unlock the door and leave it open I walked into the bathroom and watched Adrienne place her dirty clothes into the hamper she walks over to the sink and begins to brush her teeth I stood beside her I would occasionally catch her looking at me I seemed to look at her when she looked up causing our eyes to meet in the mirror making me smirk as she looked away her cheeks getting red.

"Your blushing" She shook her head 

"I am not." I hummed as she pulled her hair to the side as she spat out her toothpaste.

I followed her into the bedroom and watched as she took the decorative pillows off the bed and pull the comforter back.

"What is this about an apartment?" I asked her as I pulled my blankets back.

"It's just an apartment in Paris" Her French accent rolled off her tongue as she spoke I watched as she uncrossed her legs once she had finished plaiting her hair, we both got into bed both staying to our sides I felt Adrienne constantly moving around I turned over to face her grabbing her by the waist and pulling her into my chest.

"Ares I-" She started to protest but I hushed her 

"Only for tonight."  she hummed before she went to sleep.

--*--*

Hey my darlings, I was hoping to get this chapter out last night but didn't finish it. Here it is I'm going to plan a couple more chapters before I write the next chapter.

Love you all mwah!