* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 *

"𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎." -𝑭. 𝑺𝒄𝒐𝒕𝒕 𝑭𝒊𝒕𝒛𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒅.

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

Once I had stormed out of Ares's office wishing I could wipe that stupid smirk off his face as I walked down the hallway, Valentina stopped me.

"Riena, there you are!" she must've noticed my confused gaze as she laughed

"I have a surprise for you" She walked over to me covering my eyes with her hands as she led me into what I think/hope is her room.

"Surprise!!" As she removed her hands, my eyes struggled to get used to the light but I soon noticed a familiar figure in front of me

Claudia.

"Claud!" I gasped rushing over to her and smiling as she engulfed me in her arms

"What are you doing here?" I assumed she would be here for the wedding but that isn't for a few days.

"Well it's not every day my favorite cousin gets married!" she explained excitedly

"Oh yes but what about Asher, how is my little godson?" Claudia had Asher not too long ago and to be honest I was shocked she left him so soon.

"Asher is perfect, he is will Killian until the wedding!" I nod smiling before turning to Valentina.

"Thank you" Val smiled at me nodding and replying.

"Anytime Riena"

"Movie night and wine..?" I suggested they both nodded eagerly a knock on the door made us stop before Ace walked in.

"I'll like to talk to my wife." his face remained emotionless like usual, I nodded looking a Valentina before walking out.

"Est-il beau?" Claudia asked as we walked through the hallway.

(Is he handsome?)

"Claudia!, Oh mon dieu, genre de c'est un connard" She laughed before nudging me

(Oh my god, kind of but he is such an asshole!)

"so he is hot" I rolled my eyes

"I never said that" I gave her a playful push as we turned into my room catching up with one another as we waited for Valentina to rejoin us.

"Adrienne-" he stopped "Who is this.?" His eyes narrowed on Claudia.

"Ares don't look at her like that, this is my cousin Claudia" I refrained from smiling when Claudia whispered in my ear.

"So this is the husband, a hot one too" I elbowed her Ares narrowed his eyes again, looking at Claudia I walked over to him asking.

"What do you need?" he removed his gaze from Claudia and lowered it to meet mine.

"Ace and I have a business, I'm here to tell you that you can't leave the estate at all" I rolled my eyes as he continued "Because knowing my luck you will go out and get kidnapped"

"And you will miss out on getting full leadership over Daddy dearests mafia" I fake pout at him he glares at me before exiting the room.

"Oh, making him mad already" Claudia laughed making me roll my eyes again.

"I'm back!!" Valentina announced as she walked back into the room.

"Took you a while" Valentina only smirked at my response.