* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 *

"If I told you about the darkness inside of me would you still look at me like I'm the sun"

--*--*

𝑨𝒓𝒆𝒔•

When we had arrived home from the ball I went to help Adrienne out of the car but she just walked past me silently. That was two days ago I had originally thought giving her space would help you but now I'm rethinking that decision as I haven't seen her out of the guest bedroom since then, I wasn't entirely sure if she was even eating Valentina had attempted to talk to Adrienne but Adrienne remained silent for the duration of the one-sided conversation.

"Adrienne?" I softly knocked on the door, before entering the dark room I saw a lump underneath the covers.

I walked toward Adrienne watching as her gaze was fixated on the wall her eyes were dull and emotionless, and she didn't move her gaze off the wall until she felt my hand graze over her arm causing her to flinch, her eyes met mine I could feel my heart clench at the sight of her broken expression, eyes were puffy and cheeks were blotchy and red apart from the dull red across her cheeks her skin was pale unlike her normal tan complexion.

"Bambina.." My words trailed off as I watched her turn her body away from me.

"Adrienne this is absurd." I tried to keep my tone relatively soft, but she didn't seem to care and moved further away from me.

"Adrienne, darling you need to eat this is getting ridiculous." I sighed in annoyance as she made no effort to speak to me. Exiting the room I ordered a maid to bring her food, I slid my hand into my pocket retrieving my phone before dialing a familiar number.

"Ares, what do I owe the pleasure?" The chirpy voice of Adrienne's mother came from the other side of the line.

"I think I require your help." I amitted glancing down the hallway at the closed door of the guest room.

Aurélie walked through the front door hours after our phone call her bags in hand she greeted me with a kiss on the cheek before I led her to the guest room.

"Little dove..." I looked across at Aurélie as she looked at her daughter, Adrienne looked toward the door at the sound of her mother's voice she let out a heartbroken whisper.

"Mummy" Aurélie rushed to her daughter's side, sliding her heels off in the process before lying behind Adrienne who turned around and rested her head on her mother's chest, Aurélie began rubbing a hand along Adrienne's back as she cried.

--*--*

3rd person:

Aurélie held her daughter as she cried she couldn't be more grateful that Ares had notified her, and asked for her help she turned her gaze downwards to look at Adrienne who was now feeling ever so tired her cries had turned into small hiccups.

"Dove, I know you're tired mon amore but let's get you cleaned up before you go back to sleep hmm?" Aurélie questioned, helping Adrienne out of bed and towards the bathroom and into the bath she rinsed Adrienne's hair thoroughly before lathering her hand with shampoo and slowly working it into her hair.

Aurélie had put the clothes Adrienne was previously wearing into the hamper before looking for some clothes which were nowhere to be seen she told Adrienne to wait on the bed while she went to get some clothes. A maid passed a confused-looking Aurélie in the hallway before telling her that Mr De Luca was in his study, She knocked on the door before walking in, but Ares didn't look up from his laptop.

"Adrienne needs some clothes, are you able to get some clothes?" The mention of Adrienne made Ares look up, he nodded before following Aurélie out of the study. He walked into the guest room with clothes that consisted of shorts, undergarments, and an oversized top which so happened to be his.

Adrienne was seated on the bed still in her towel patiently awaiting her mother to return with the clothes she so desperately wanted, she heard footsteps approaching her making her turn her head towards Ares who silently placed the clothes beside her.

"How are you feeling?"He inquired, she picked up the clothing before answering

"Better than I was" She shrugged, he watched as she walked into the bathroom leaving the door open ajar.

"Ares, can I tell you something?" He had noticed the nervousness evident in her tone.

"I didn't tell you something and now with everything that has happened, I'm thinking I should have" She paused walking out of the bathroom. "When we were traveling back from our honeymoon, I received a message from an unknown number I thought It was nothing but then I kept getting them, I was scared to tell you about them" Adrienne watched as Ares's jaw clenched, she walked over to him passing him her unlocked phone, she watched as he grip on her phone went tighter as he read through the messages.

--*--*

"I will get you, nothing shall keep us apart, not even that husband of yours."

"We will see each other, sooner than you think my dear."

"He can't help you, so don't try to tell him, my dear"

--*--*

"Why wouldn't you tell me, Adrienne!" Ares scolded, and Adrienne turned to him.

"I tried!" She huffed

"When hm?" He let out a mocking hum.

"I came into your goddamn office, but you got a call and told me we would speak later, we didn't if you didn't catch that!" Adrienne glared at him.

"So you're saying this is my fault" He insinuated, making Adrienne scoff.

"I never said that!" Their bickering was interrupted by Aurélie announcing that she had finished preparing dinner, Adrienne rose from the bed storming out of the bedroom toward the kitchen. Aurélie looked at Ares disappointed, before muttering in something French.

"Aurélie, I will apologize, if something like this happens again she needs to know she can tell me" Ares walked out following Adrienne to the kitchen, Aurélie smiled at her son-in-law.

--*--*

Aurélie is a babe I love her 😍

This is also not edited so sorry if there are any mistakes!

Adrienne was a little emo, but do you think Ares should've reacted that way about the messages?

I love you my darlings!

Mwah