Chapter 20

Before dawn the following morning, Tesayne made sure camp was packed back upon our carriage. I was comfortably settled back into its secure feeling plushness and out of the sun's blaze. Being a more diluted version of Ancient blood, I was more tolerant of the sun. That's not saying much, as I felt pressure behind my eyes and had to squint in the dark carriage. Tesayne was protected by the carriage's closed in cab and his full body black leather attire and dark sunglasses. What a Goth! Smart. Though I inwardly hated to admit it.

"All comfy and cozy, beautiful?" I heard from the front of the carriage.
"Yep! I'll just doze until dusk." I said with a sigh.

Several hours later, the carriage made a stop. Predictably Tesayne whipped the door open nearly scaring the crap out of me! I was thinking about how and when I'd feed. It better be soon. A nawing feeling was tightening my stomach and it did not feel good! The pain in my gut was ten times the hunger pains I would get when skipping lunch as a human!

"I'm not feeling well Tesayne. Do we need to stop now?" I complained.
"Yes cuteness." he continued,"You're going to need to feed hon." I sighed, relieved.
"I'm not looking forward to this, you know?!" I said, hands on my hips. "It'll be fun! You'll get to try out all of your vampire talents, as well as get rid of that lion in your stomach. He laughed.
"How the hell did you know I'm hungry?!" I accidentally shouted at him. "Sorry, but I'm starving!"
"Totally got your back, my love." Tesayne retorted. He crooked a finger at me as if to follow him into the forest. I followed uneasily.