Chapter 12

The cold air in my quarters was what had awakened me. I hadn't realized, while reading I had fallen asleep until sunrise. Stretching my arms above my head and dreading the thought of having to leave the comfort and warmth of the King size bed, I heard a hard, loud bang on the huge door of my room.
"Wake up sleepy head!" shouted the voice at the other side of the door. Naturally I summized it was Tesayne.
"Just a second!" I answered the voice. "I'll be right there!"
Reluctantly I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slipped my moccasins on to avoid freezing my feet on the cold, stone tiled floor and went to open the door for my pain in the ass side kick.
"Do you have to be so vocal Tesayne? Keep your voice down. Do you have any idea what time it is?" I said as I left the open door to grab my robe from the foot of the bed. When I turned back around Tesayne was already making himself comfortable from the nice warm spot in the bed I had just left. Standing in front of him, my hands on my hips I asked, "What could you possibly want at this early hour?"

"Well for one thing, I have obtained the details of our trip and I wanted to run them by you before you go down to get "Turned," cause after that we're hittin' the road my sweet!" I stared at Tesayne in shock.
"Say what?" I managed to barely choke out.
"Yep! We gotta get this show on the road! No time for dilly-dallying gorgeous. The longer this trip gets put off, the longer the Ancients are under a threat." Tesayne answered.
"I thought that all of this "Turning" stuff would be done tonight!" I said, butterflies twirling my stomach towards another one of my panic attacks. In the presence of the Ancients, hearing their story and the threats upon their existence, as well as their connection to my Ancestors, I had decided to help them. Tesayne did not know of my decision and I was a bit pissed off that he naturally assumed I would agree to assist the vampires and the rest of their kind. Truth be told, I'd rather have Tesayne take me the hell back to my new apartment, of which I hadn't even had the chance to actually MOVE into yet, and forget all about this surreal situation. But, deep inside my gut, for reasons I did not comprehend in the least, I felt an immensely strong compulsion to do whatever in my power I could do to make certain The Ancients and the entire race be protected and eventually be able to live in peace as long as they chose to roamed the earth.
I could see Tesayne watching my internal emotional struggle. When I came out of my reverie I said, "Fine. Whatever." Slamming the washroom door with a bass-like bang. I thought I should shower before going down to see The Ancients and be Turned before making this insane journey.
"I KNEW you were awesome babe!" Tesayne complimented. "O.k. here's the deal...." I came flying back out of the washroom and quickly stalked forward like a maniac toward Tesayne and with all of my strength I rushed him, grabbed him by the collar of his black woolen, formal jacket and growled, "Do NOT! I repeat do NOT EVER call me freaking 'Babe' again Tesayne! What did I tell you about that?!"
"Whoa girl! Settle down! I don't mean any disrespect by it!" Tesayne's eyes were bulged with shock by my physical assault that came out of nowhere.
"I told you to refrain from that term, you assume is an endearment, but is nothing BUT! You have been warned for the last time Tesayne! I freaking MEAN it!" I said and released his collar. "Jeez!" he said readjusting his jacket and sitting up a little straighter on the bed.

{Please note: My apologies for not updating continued Chapters.
I have no excuse.
I have been busy, but for even an amateur writer...this is no an excuse!
Continuing Chapters will begin sometime in June {2015)} Lol!
My heartfelt Thanks & appreciation to those who have read this story (so far), voted, commented and are Following!
May you all be Brightly Blessed always!
Shar