Chapter 15

I feel as if I'm floating in the moonlit clouds above the castle. I see that I am surrounded by twinkling white stars as my body soars and levels out now just before I'm about to leave the earth's atmosphere. I'm shivering from the cold night air, but feel exhilarated and charged with high energy. All of the sudden I hear a faint, deep voice calling my name.
I wonder if it's the gods...

"Oh Sha-a-ane sweet thang!" the voice in my ear seems closer, clearer and I feel a faint, cool breath against my cheek.
"Ya gonna wakey, wakey Shane?" continues the voice, of which was pleasant at first, but now is becoming annoying.
This could only mean one thing!

"Damn it, Tesayne! I was having the most beautiful experience!" I said with disgust and turned my head on the pillow to see Tesayne right up in my face!
"Sorry sweets, but if I didn't wake ya, you'd sleep until the next century!" laughed my aquired companion.
"Ooh! That's right! I'm Turned, aren't I?" I exclaimed excitedly.
"Yep! You're a bonified 'Blood Sucker' beautiful!" answered Tesayne.
"Wow! I don't remember a thing! I thought it was going to be horrible or I'd feel a lot of pain, but it was the most fantastic, beautiful experience I've ever had in my LIFE!" I explained with a dreamy smile on my face. If I didn't know better, it felt as if I took a huge bong rip of some seriously great weed! I thought to myself with a cheeky grin.
As if reading my mind, Tesayne said,
"Yeah, ya even look like you're stoned."

He continued, "One of many Vamp perks!
Well actually, we can read the minds of humans. Comes in handy, as well as being able to communicate with each other." Tesayne informed me.
Again, I grinned a, "Wow!" and sighed deeply.

It seemed really very cool, no longer being human, I had a lot to learn about being a Vampire though. Thinking to myself.

"Yep! You do have much to learn, and I'm the guy that's going to teach ya all you need to know! But first, you need to get prepared for our trip. Remember your mission?" asked Tesayne.
"I haven't forgotten. Believe me! But, don't I get to try out my vamp powers before we go?" I replied with a bit of meek pleading in my voice.
"You'll be able to do that along the way. Right now we need to get a move on before the sun rises tomorrow. You and I will get what supplies we'll be needing from the servants, they'll have horses packed and ready at the stables as soon as we're set to leave." he explained with an unusual seriousness to his tone. I never witnessed such eagerness from someone that was literally going on a "Death Wish" task.
I said as much.
"Cause, the sooner we get this over with, the better, Shane. Ya know, I gotta a Life besides spending all of my time on this mission with the likes of YOU!" teased Tesayne.
I had the distinct feeling, at this point in his existence, I WAS the only one he had to spend his time with.
That information I would eventually get out of him once we were into our journey.
"Alright, let me get in a bath, dressed and some personal things together Tesayne, and I'll see you tomorrow at sunset." I said, my arm around his middle back to steer him toward my quarter's door.
As he allowed me to guide him forward, he stopped and said, "I'm real proud of ya, you know. Real impressed with how you're handling all of this." He sheepishly smiled at me and left the room.

That was a first!
Even though Tesayne was an incredible pain in my ass, I was beginning to actually kind of like the buffoon.
Maybe carrying out this favor for the Ancients, owed to them by my witchy ancestor's, wasn't going to be half bad.

"In a pig's eye." I whispered to myself and the butterflies flipping around in my gut.