Chapter 23

I awoke suddenly to the sound of grunting and steel clanging. Sitting up quickly, I crawled on my hands and knees to the opening of my tent and pulled down the zipper as fast as I could with shaky hands. I spotted two figures sword fighting with Tesayne. It looked like he was holding his own, but definitely could use my help.
"Not again." I said to myself. It appeared that last night's camp guests had friends in these parts as well. Naturally, we just happened to camp in their territory.
I noticed four more creatures step out of the surrounding forest.
"Great." I whispered under my breath. Now we were very outnumbered.
I stood up and grabbed my dagger from my belt and crept as lightly as I could until I was noticed by the four bald creatures who were now walking toward the unfair fight with Tesayne. The tallest of the creatures had a long braided beard, bald head and tattoos on his bald head, neck and arms. The other creatures were not tattooed but had bald heads, pale completion and garments of dark colored leather. All of them had fangs jutting from their lower jaws. The tall tattooed creature unsheathed his sword and held it above his shoulder, and with a deep baritone voice commanded,
"Cease and desist!
In a snap Tesayne and his two assailants stopped fighting.

Then out of the forest stepped an ethereal vision of a beautiful woman with waist length blonde hair. Her skin so pale it literally glowed by some force of energy.
"Whoa." said Tesayne, his dark eyes wide in surprise.
"Yea." I whispered, as I stepped up along side of him. I too was shocked by the woman's appearance. Her feet barely touching the ground as she slowly approached everyone in our camp.
"I am Shesha. One of the Three of whom you seek." Her voice was soft as she spoke, her pale blue eyes penetrating.