Ancient Agenda Chapter 11

The three Ancient Vampires sat back to wait until I took a deep breath and caught up my bearings before they proceeded to explain my "mission." I knew that I was about to hear the reason for my being chosen for this task.

"Are you alright dear?" asked Amber.

"Yes. Proceed with whatever information I need in order to help you."

"Alright then Shane. It is quite simple really." Began Amber. "You see, back in the 17th century rumors of our existence became known to many throughout England forcing us to travel in small groups toward the North of which is now independent Scotland.

We were forced to travel at night, thus encountering a variety of strange folk." Amber smiled and continued, "Then one night a small cluster of thieves came upon our group without warning. We didn't even get their scent as we normally do when humans approach us within a few hundred feet." Amber stopped to take a deep breath before continuing. "These thieves attacked us straight away, brandishing swords and started slashing at us. That is when the thieves realized we were not falling and dying so they could rob us of our possessions. One by one the thieves stopped short. It came to their attention that we must be the rumored vampire monsters. One of the thieves, which seemed as if he was the brand leader, charged at me, throwing my back up against a tree with one arm and reached into his cloak with his other, pulling out a thick wooden stake. He put the stake up to my chest and threatened to kill me when a knife shot out of the bushes and stuck him in his back. The thief fell dead at my feet immediately. Witnessing this, the other thieves ran for their lives, but not before the knife thrower from behind the bushes caught up to them and threw a bright yellow light source at them, stopping the thieves, literally in their tracks.

I stood there listening to Amber's tale with bated breath and turned my head to see Tesayne just as enthralled by this story as I was. For the first time since meeting him, Tesayne was respectfully silent!

Looking back toward Amber, she smiled at us and continued speaking.

"These 'Light Throwers' were Witches Shane and they are YOUR Ancestors."

"Wow! I think I'm getting a visual here now." I said. The light bulb going off in my head in Spades.

Amber proceeded with her story's conclusion. "In short, for the protection your Witch Ancestors gave us that night and since, until this very day, we have agreed to assist them in anything of which would require our help in turn."

"So, what does this have to do with my being turned into a vampire?" I ask hesitantly.

Amber smiled kindly and answered, "Because dear, in order for you to be strong and stealth enough for this coming mission, your must be a vampire. There really is no other choice. If you remain human, you will die."

"O.k. That answered my question!" I said with more sarcasm than intended. "I mean no disrespect....."

"None taken dear Shane. Perfectly understandable under these, for you especially, immensely odd circumstances." laughed Amber, lightening the heavy mood of the room.

I looked at Tesayne, of whom chose wisely to keep his snide comments to himself. He looked at me and winked.

With our parting pleasantries finished for the night, Tesayne and I took our leave of The Ancients until the morrow when we would receive details of our mission.

Until then, I just needed to return to the comfort and sanctity of my quarters in the castle, hopefully with a hot shower, fire in the fireplace and a good novel to allow my mind to escape from the past overwhelmingly stressful few hours.

And WITHOUT Tesayne and his asinine antics.

Note:

Well, I finally updated!

I have so many Life distractions, so I apologize for the very late update.

Feel free to comment, vote, give advice, or even some suggestions on the direction this story should take.

I love hearing from anyone of whom reads my work!

Thank You & Blessed Be!