Chapter 14

O.K.
I suddenly felt as if I would have diarrhea. Unfortunately, that happens along with panic attacks when I am beyond being a little nervous. Ugh.

I kept my cool and waited for The Ancients to address me and Tesayn.
"As you know Shane, we will go through the process of your Turning today. You still may change your mind and still continue on your appointed journey and mission to relieve the threat that we Ancients have had bestowed upon us." kindly explained Marcus, the head of the three Ancients, his strong voice echoing throughout the chilly, stone chamber.
"As I have said before upon your arrival, no harm will ever come to you when behind these walls."
"Thank you." I said meekly, starting to get a belfry of bats, never mind butterflies twirling around in my stomach! I was finding it increasingly difficult to swallow. Tesayn nodded in agreement, not saying anything wise ass, which was making me even more nervous. This obviously was some serious business here! But, I am ready and just want to get the Turn done already! Jeez!

"Then without further ado, Tesayn, Amber and I will allow you and my son some privacy." Marcus said, taking his wife by the hand and nodding at Tesayn. The three undead left the chamber in a "vampic flash," as the undead are so famously known for.

I glanced back to Mario who was smiling sweetly at me. Lifting a perfect eyebrow and patted the plush red cushion of his mother's throne next to him.
"Come Shane. Sit beside me. There is no reason to be afraid, though I completely understand why you would be. It is not every day a human gets turned into a vampire. It is not something we take lightly, but must be done in certain situations, such as the one we all find ourselves in currently." Mario kindly explained. He really did seem sincere and understanding. I did not feel fear of him. The energy of which emanated from Mario was very soothing. I could feel my anxiety begin to ebb by the minute.
I slowly walked toward Mario sitting upon his throne and stepped up onto the platform. I turned and sat down into the velvety softness of the throne. Once seated, I let out a huge sigh and made myself comfortable. I was beginning to feel almost sleepy. Was Mario doing this to me with his vampire powers?
"Yes Shane. I am making you relax. It is much better this way, so that my Turning you will be as if you are floating upon a dream state of calm and comfort. It is o.k. if you do fall asleep." Mario chuckled, his eyes glowing a sparkling, soft violet.
"Alright, I'm ready." I said, my words starting to slur as if I had had four shots of Jose'. Ahh.

Mario leaned toward me and took both of my hands into his own soft, smooth ones. He began whispering words in my ear from some strange and distant, long forgotten tongue of his own Ancestors. I felt myself slipping deeper and deeper toward sleep.