Chapter 21

After about a quarter of a mile trudging through the forest, Tesayne stopped suddenly. I noticed a small clearing that appeared to be a meadow. I stepped up next to him and was about to ask why we'd stopped when a hand came down on my mouth.
"Sshh! There's dinner!" He whispered and I nodded in understanding.
"Ok. Here's what's up. I'm going to take him down and you're going to feed from him. Got it gorgeous?!"
"No way! I'm not going to kill a peaceful, innocent buck!" I whispered harshly back at Tesayne.
"You're not going to kill him, you're just going to take a gulp or two and then I'll let him go, but you must feed!" He ordered, giving me no other alternative. Out here in the middle of nowhere I had no other options right now. And feed, I must.
"Fine. We do it your way, Tesayne." I agreed non too happily.
Before I could think about how I was going to do this, Tesayne was holding the buck down and yelling at me,Come on gorgeous!I can't hold him down much longer!"
I literally zipped, for lack of a better term, over to where he was holding the buck and sank my fangs right into its carotid artery in its neck and started sucking hard.
"Go easy! You're just going to take a couple of big gulps and release him, otherwise you will kill it."
I did as told then stood up with a relieved sigh.
I looked over at Tesayne and saw him just finishing his small drink from the buck, when he released the animal and we both watched it run into the forest.
The taste of blood filled my senses right down to my soul like no other thing in this world I'd ever experienced.
"Wow." I sighed again.
"Yea. There's nothing like the first drink. I know." said Tesayne.
He took my hand and we started back toward the forest to return to the carriage to continue on our journey until dusk.