thirty

**I have updated twice, pls read 29 first***

I did not see Piper again that day.

I got a few pieces of fruit and ran my way back to the elevator and up to my room.

She didn't come the next day either.

But true to my word, I stayed in my bedroom for the entire week. I skipped a few meals here and there, timing my visits to the kitchen to when the wolves had gone. The story of Piper's true mate echoed in my mind and I felt on edge. I was glad I didn't come across anyone.

Eve came banging on my door on day four and scolded me for not leaving. I gave her my very stubborn reasoning of not wanting to be sniffed out. Her telling me she could smell it was ending soon ended up in me giving her my best death glare. She hadn't come back since I told her I wanted privacy a few days ago, so I ended up promising her I would emerge when it was over. That was two days ago, but she didn't know it was now over.

Until now.

There was a bang on my bedroom door. I could hear it through the sound of the shower.

Sighing, I knew my time was up as I ran the soap along my body. I woke about an hour ago and had just lied in bed like I had every day since coming here. I was pretty sure the mattress had an imprint of my body on it now.

The knocking stopped as I rinsed the suds from my skin, but soon picked up again on my bathroom door.

I groaned, knowing the wolf behind it would hear my every move. Switching the shower off, I wrung some of the water from my hair before securing it into a towel. Hair out of the way, I climbed from the shower and settled my feet into the bathmat. My skin pebbled as the cooler air danced along my body, wisps of a gentle breeze coming from the open window.

"Ailia! Hurry or I am busting this door down."

Mya.

Eve brought back up today.

"I will be out soon," I grunted, pulling out my toothbrush.

Doing my usual morning routine of moisturiser, teeth and hair, I wrapped a robe around myself for dignity before I stepped out.

Mya was sitting on my bed, her arms crossed. Her eyes snapped to me as soon as the door opened, a scowl on her face. Eve stood to the side, a stare not as harsh as her sister. I stood before both of them, crossing my arms in return.

"You have been in here too long."

"I was not going out there whilst you guys smell my every body function." I scowled.

Mya rolled her eyes. "You finished days ago. I could smell it the moment you did."

I cringed, shaking my head. "Please. These kinds of things are the reason I don't leave the room."

"You will have to get used to it one day," Eve muttered.

"I like it in here," I shrugged.

Mya was dressed in workout gear, the clock nearing the time she was due to work out. Eve was in her nurse uniform, no doubt ready for her lunch time shift. Asra's blood had worn off now, so I felt every ache and crick in my bones as I usually did. At least, this time, I did not have any broken bones or bruises. I was just human again.

"Please come down. Just observe us for a while."

I gritted my teeth, my heart picking up its pace slightly. "I..."

"What is preventing you?" Eve wondered.

My nose scrunched, and I adjusted my robe's tie to bide some thought processing time.