7

Their tension was definitely strained the next few days but hopefully, things would get better. So, as promised, Yoojin was ready to tell Sooho about her relationship when they went to a café for lunch with Sieun and Youngyi. She felt that they were good enough friends that Sooho wouldn't hate her.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" Yoojin asked the boy.

Sooho nodded and they stayed outside when the others headed in first. He had his relaxed smile on his face, curious about what she wanted to say. Though, he was desperately wishing that she was confessing to him.

"What is it?" Sooho asked.

Yoojin took a deep breath.

"I have a boyfriend," she suddenly announced.

"What?" the boy was surprised and his heart sank. "I mean – of course, you would. You're pretty, you're funny and kind. I just hoped you wouldn't."

"I'm dating Kang Wooyoung."

That was the final blow. Yoojin finally released her breath, glad to have it off her chest. Sooho's eyes widened when he recognised the name. His fists clenched as if squeezing a lemon. He couldn't fathom how such a kind girl was dating a bad guy who fights; they were like polar opposites.

"Kang Wooyoung?" he repeated. "The boxer who beats people up for money on YouTube?"

Yoojin nodded slowly. "He wanted me to tell you. And I know he seems like a rude guy, but he's actually really caring once you get to know him."

Sooho didn't how to respond. He knew that Wooyoung despised him. This situation was such a crazy coincidence that seemed unreal and he felt like he had no luck with girls. 

"Please don't hate me," Yoojin whispered cautiously.

The boy couldn't get mad at her when he looked at her like that. He simply said that he understood, and he told her to be careful. Then they went inside, though he regretted not ever being able to tell her about his feeling for her. Youngyi and Sieun had already ordered so the latecomers quickly did so too. The tiny café was quiet and had beige walls with flower decorations.

"So, what did you guys talk about?" Youngyi asked nosily.

"I guess it was time that I told him. I have a boyfriend," Yoojin told Sieun, since Youngyi already knew.

Sieun nodded, looking unfazed as normal. "I guess it would've been awkward if you two went out since you're Youngbin's sister."

It took a while for Sooho to process those words, while Yoojin missed the hint at Sooho's feelings.

"What? You're Youngbin's sister?" Sooho's jaw dropped.

Oops. Yoojin knew there was something she forgot. She meant to tell him, but she was already so focused on the other secret. Yoojin winced. Now, Sieun looked uncomfortable and Sooho felt betrayed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise you hadn't told him yet," Sieun apologised.

Sooho thought that he was close to Yoojin, but it hurt that his best friend knew her better than he did. He didn't know that that was how Yoojin met Sieun. The food happened to come out at that moment, but Sooho shot up and marched out. Yoojin ran after him, leaving the other two to handle the food.

"Sooho, wait," Yoojin pleaded.

He turned to look at her, his face full of disappointment. "I get that your boyfriend hates me, but I thought we were close friends."

"We are. I'm truly sorry. I was going to tell you before, but I forgot. You know how forgetful I am. And I didn't want to tell you when I met you in case you wouldn't want to talk to me," Yoojin explained.