18

During the holidays, Huiyeon and Eunhye went overseas with their families. And for Christmas, Yoojin spent the day with her boyfriend, brother and cousin. They had BBQ at Yoojin's place and played video games. Under Yoojin's makeshift Christmas tree laid all the presents that they opened after lunch.

Then, Yoojin excused herself and put on her long puffer jacket before leaving the house. It was slightly snowing and hard to see through the white. She shivered as she headed to the bus stop. Luckily, it was quiet since it was Christmas day and she arrived at her destination quite soon. Looking up at the familiar building, she entered like it was a routine.

With Sooho still in a coma in the hospital, she wanted to visit him today. His family visited earlier but they were gone now. She sat next to his bed like usual after taking care of the pink flowers. It was nice and toasty in the room, so she removed her puffer jacket.

"Merry Christmas, Sooho," Yoojin whispered.

She felt her breath catch in her throat. How was he still here? Her hands gripped his desperately as if she could donate him some life. But his hands were still a rock.

"Please wake up already. It's been too long. Your family and friends need you," Yoojin pleaded.

She sighed. Like always, it was no use.

"Today, I had Christmas lunch with my family and Wooyoung. It was nice. You should see the Christmas tree I decorated. I'm really proud of it. And I can't wait to go to the art school next year. I'll miss Wooyoung though. I know you're probably not happy that I got back together with him, but he's changed. Both him and Youngbin don't bully people or beat people up for no reason anymore. I also finally got to see Youngyi again and we're back to being friends. I'll have to drag her here one day."

Sooho lay there with his hair now visibly longer – nearing his chin. Perhaps she'd cut it next time. At least when he wakes up, he'd have a great view out the window. As they were on the fourth story, they could watch the tiny people walking through the park below and the white snow dancing in the wind was magical.

With dusk passing, Yoojin decided to go home before it got too dark. As she stood up and put her jacket on, the door opened and Sieun stepped in. Yoojin pursed her lips. The last time she saw him was months ago in the very same room, and it wasn't the most pleasant exchange.

"Merry Christmas," Yoojin offered.

Sieun nodded. "Merry Christmas."

"Did you spend it with your family?"

"No, there's no point when my father doesn't care. That's why I came here. Sooho was my first real friend."

"Thank you for keeping him company."

"Thank you for keeping him company too," Sieun returned as he walked towards her.

Yoojin gave him a slight smile. He was a bit messy, but he was always true to his values. Not to mention, they were all still teenagers in a world that adults ruled.

"I'm actually going to Seoul Art School next year," Yoojin tried to make light conversation.

"Congratulations. You deserve it," Sieun replied. "I started my new school too."

"How is it?"

"It's horrible compared to my old school. The students fool around, it's a mess, and no one cares. It's like a pigsty. But that's what I deserve."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Yoojin patted his shoulder with pity. "And you don't fully deserve it."

Sieun shrugged. "It's okay. I don't pay attention to the chaos. My studies are still going well and it's just a few more years."