17

The young girl was anxious every day, anticipating when Wooyoung was going to ask her out again. Now, she was ready. She always smiled brightly when he approached her, but he acted like that night on his birthday didn't exist. It didn't seem like he would ask her out soon as the weather turned colder. Her heart started sinking and whenever she saw him, she tried to not let her hopes get too high. But that's when he attacked.

It was the 6th of October and Yoojin was working at the café on a quiet Sunday, taking people's orders at the register. Luckily, she had an early shift and would finish at 3pm. She had about 20 minutes left. Just when it seemed like it couldn't get any more boring, Wooyoung waltzed into the nearly empty café wearing their blue 'FML' hoodie and black pants.

He was also carrying a bouquet of pure white camellias and a box of chocolates. Yoojin's eyes widened. But the boy just smiled at her as he came to the counter.

"What are you doing here?" Yoojin was flabbergasted but blushing, nonetheless.

Wooyoung grinned. "You once complained that this time on Sundays were always the most boring because it was too quiet. So, I thought I'd spice it up for you."

"Did you just pick a random date?"

"Well, the 6th reminded me of you."

And now, it was a random date that he made special for them – for their 2.0 anniversary.

"Are those for me?" she glanced down at the flowers.

Wooyoung nodded, pretending that there was no one else here. "Because you are my flower."

The only four customers in the café turned to watch excitedly. Everyone could feel the speech coming. Yoojin didn't completely like the attention. The main reason why she enjoyed these kinds of things was that Wooyoung hated speaking in public, so it showed how much he really liked her and as a bonus, it was funny to watch.

"We've always had a special connection and we were always there for each other. When I just needed someone by my side, you were there. And when we broke up, it felt like half of me was gone. That made me focus on the half of me that I had. And so I realised that I'm a horrible person. But you make me want to be a better person. I can't live without you."

Behind the counter, Yoojin couldn't stop the grin on her face. It felt like she was dreaming. Though the customers not hiding their stares reminded her that it was real. That Wooyoung cared for her as much as she cared for him.

Wooyoung took a deep breath and continued. "So, these past few months, I learnt a lot. I learnt to put us first instead of violence because fighting isn't always the answer, and doing the right thing is always the right thing."

"And?" Yoojin joked.

"And that FML stands for 'Fuck My Life' and you're my life so I should fuck –"

"Don't," Yoojin blurted loudly with wide eyes before lowering her voice. "you dare finish that sentence."

She wanted to fan her face, but her hands didn't know how to move. Her heart was on another level.

Then, Yoojin burst into laughter from how serious Wooyoung was. Her cheek muscles were sore. She eventually covered her mouth and stopped laughing. The boy just grinned at her with a glint in his eye.

"Jeon Yoojin, will you go out with me again?" Wooyoung finally asked the question.

Yoojin sucked in a breath. All the other people in the café gushed about how romantic this was, chanting for her to accept him. And he was proud that he managed to stun her in public by just speaking his thoughts.