Chapter 11 : Unexpected Visits

Damian nervously cleared his throat before knocking on the Forger's front door, holding Anya's bag in one hand, and a single pink rose in the other.

He wasn't sure if the rose was too much, but after a lot of consideration, he decided that if Mrs. Yor opened the door instead of Anya, (and he was too embarrassed to say it was for her daughter,) he could say it was for her! It was a perfect plan!

Well, until someone else opened the door.

"H-Hello Mr. Forger!!" Damian stuttered out, smiling nervously at the tank of a man staring him down.

Usually, he would use his power as a Desmond to his advantage, but the way Mr. Forger had been speaking (or even looking) to him lately, made him feel like he was some meaningless worm.

"Hello, Damian." Loid said coldly, looking down at the idiotic teenager's hands—he knows he really shouldn't be so rude to Damian, he was trying to connect with Donovan still, and it wasn't the best idea acting this way and putting the mission in danger: but could you really blame him? This kid looked like a wet cat for god's sake! There was no way he was letting this crush on his little girl stay any longer—seeing Anya's school bag, and a single rose. "Did you need something?"

Damian felt like he was sweating the pacific ocean, his grin showing his nervousness despite his years of learning how to fake his emotions for his future career. "Y-Yes!" He awkwardly spoke. "Anya forgot her bag at school, there's some homework due tomorrow she still needs to do..."

Loid hummed, accepting the bag and flat-out ignoring the rose, giving the young man a curt nod. "Thank you, Damian." He said, his voice showing the slimmest amount of genuineness possible. Which made Damian feel like he had just cured cancer. "I'll let her know you were the one who gave it to her."

Damian suddenly let a very excited smile flash onto his lips, but he quickly tried to disguise it with a cough, letting a much more nervous expression appear. "T-Thank you, sir."

Loid gave him an unimpressed 'mhmm' before closing the door, leaving Damian outside to re-think his entire conversation; which he did.

Very thoroughly.

"Anya!" Loid called out as he walked to her room, heading into it since the door was open. He walked to her desk and sat her bag on it, looking over to his daughter sitting on her bed. "Damian brought your bag by, he said you forgot it at school."

Anya's eyes immediately lit up from his words, repeating a quiet "...Damian?" Before hopping up from her bed and to her door, peeking out through the frame and into the living room. "Is he still here?" She asked.

"No," Loid responded. "He had to leave, probably to do that homework I heard about?"

Anya immediately looked disappointed, but Loid could tell it wasn't from his homework mention. It was something else. And the only other thing she could be sad about was...

Loid looked at Anya with a raised brow. "Anya...?" He said questionably, could it be that she...

"Do you... 'like' Dami—"

"Oh, would you look at the time!!!" Anya yelled, practically squealing from embarrassment. "Anya really has to get that homework done! Due tomorrow, you get it!" She rambled, going behind her papa and pushing on his back with all her strength. Pushing him out of her room with some ease—probably because he was so shocked by his realization that he couldn't plant himself down for interrogation—"Thanks, papa! You're the best! Love you, bye!!"

When Loid had finally gotten his head wrapped around the fact his daughter had romantic feelings for a boy, (and Damian Desmond no less!!) It was too late, because Anya had already slammed her door behind him, successfully ignoring his terrifying question.

She had barely come to terms with her newfound crush herself! And her dad was already catching on??

Anya sighed, falling back onto her bed and grabbing Chimera once she landed. She held the plush close to her chest, feeling it rise and fall with her uneven breaths.

She was supposed to date him for operation strix! That was all!! Instead, she fell for his stupidly cute face and dumbly adorable personality. What on earth was she doing? She would never be a good spy: she hadn't even asked her target to go to prom yet!

...

God, she really needed to ask Damian to that dance.

"Ughhh...." Damian groaned, laying face first on his dorm's couch, rose still in hand. That went terribly! He was sure Anya's father hated him even more now. He even flat-out ignored the rose he brought.

"What's the matter, Lord Damian?" Ewen asked, but Damian just groaned in response, saying a sad, "Nothing."

Emile chuckled, pointing at the rose in the green-haired boy's hand. "Are you sure...?"

Damian immediately huffed at that question, sitting up to look at his friends with a grumpy expression, his nose wrinkling. "Yes, I'm sure! It's not like Loid Forger hates my guts, because I'm a Desmond! No one hates me!!... Except a lot of people... But definitely not Mr. Forger!!!"

His friends looked at him with faces that practically screamed they didn't believe him. Damian sighed, sitting up completely and looking at his friends with a guilty expression.

"I-... I need to tell you two something..." He mumbled. It was about time he was honest about his feelings for Anya—it was probably due ten years ago. "I..." Damian took a deep breath in, "I like Anya."

"...Romantically."

Ewen and Emile shared glances as Damian sat there in a puddle of nerves. He's never told anyone he liked Anya. Heck, he's only said it out loud a handful of times!

"We uh..." Ewen mumbled, looking at the embarrassed—and therefore flustered—green-haired boy. "—we already know?" Emile said, finishing the blond's sentence.

Damian's mouth dropped. They had to be kidding, at least for his sake. "You're joking." He asked, saying it as if it was fact, but when his friends confirmed to him they did indeed know, Damian felt his face burning.

Emile gave his red friend's shoulder an encouraging pat. "There's no need to be embarrassed, Lord Damian!" He comforted, "Now we can help you two go out! You wanna ask her to the prom, right?"

But whatever his friends started saying went through one ear and out the other, because Damian was so flustered by even talking about liking Anya—and knowing people knew he liked her all along—made him unable to function.

How on earth was he going to ask her out without acting like a fool?

He definitely needed some help.

~~~
I GOT A STOMACH BUG FROM MY DANCE COMPETITION I'M GONNA KILL THAT BITCH WHO GAVE IT TO ME

Anyways I hope y'all enjoy 😒

Published
February, 5th, 2024.

Word Count
1174.
-
Ao3 (15+) - Buttercup_Clouds
Tiktok - Buttercup_Clouds
Pinterest - Buttercup_Cloudss