Chapter 9 : Starlight

Anya sighed heavily, walking out of her coach's office with a grin on her face—after three hours of intense interrogation, she was allowed to go home! (And when she said 'intense interrogation', she meant it. Like seriously, she should see if she can get her dad to check that guy out, he might be in the secret police)—until, of course, she saw what the state of the world outside.

It was raining. Hard. When did it even start raining??

As Anya looked out the large windows, trying to think of ways to get home and stay dry—her uncle was home after all, she didn't wanna make him wait for her as she showered off the rain—a voice called out to her.

"Anya?"

Anya looked back to the voice, seeing a confused boy with messy dark green hair. "What are you still doing here?"

Anya crossed her arms, pouting a bit as Damian walked up to her. "Stupid coach doing stupid things like making me explain how I'm 'sooooo good' at soccer for the stupidest umpteenth time!"

Damian chuckled a bit at her anger, making the pinkette side-eye the boy next to her. "And why are you here?" She asked, humming curiously.

Damian pinched the bridge of his nose, letting out an annoyed groan. "I'd rather not talk about it." He grumbled out, but when his inner voice complained «I sped through all my studies earlier for her soccer game so I had to redo them... The Librarian had to basically kick me out so she could close...» Anya couldn't help but blush.

He had done that? For her?? Anya thought he put his studies before anything else, to know he prioritized her soccer game...

"Well, anyways," Damian suddenly spoke, making Anya's cheeks glow ever so warmer from embarrassment—why was she thinking like that??—"Do you have a ride home? I know you usually take the bus but it's not really running at 8:00 pm."

Anya's crossed arms tightened around her body, making the pinkette hug herself as she looked out the window. "No, I don't. Coach told mama and papa that he wanted to talk to me again, and they said if I wanted I could finally walk home by myself! And so of course Anya said yes—even if they said it only because they had their date night tonight—but now it's too late to take it back..."

Damian raised a brow, looking at Anya confused. "Why don't you just call them? I'm sure they wouldn't mind pausing what they were doing to pick you up." He asked, but as soon as she gave him an unimpressed look, he immediately took it back, remembering she's not allowed to use the phones.

And after he graciously allowed her to use his phone, he was temporarily banned from them as well.

Damian sighed again, looking outside and curling in his lips, trying to think of a way to help the unfortunate shrimp.

"Well..." He mumbled, watching the rain hit the windowpanes with loud 'splats.' "I was gonna stay in my dorm tonight, so my driver isn't here."

He looked down at Anya, seeing her also staring outside. "The dormitories really aren't that far away, we could get you an umbrella from my room."

Anya snorted into a laugh, looking at Damian extremely amusedly as she pointed outside. "Are you serious? That rain is tough enough to rip us to shreds!"

Damian rolled his eyes at her over-exaggeration. He clipped off his cloak, stepping towards the door and saying, "Then we'll use my cloak as an umbrella."

Anya looked a little shocked, looking down at the velvety black and red cloth, some kids would murder for that—including Damian—and he was offering to use it as an umbrella?!