Chapter 6: Play For Keeps

Chapter 6

Play For Keeps
------------------------------------
August

I was jus' chillin' in my seat smilin' at the text O'Shae had sent me. Since three days ago up at my dorm, we been textin' and talkin' ta eachotha a lot. Afta we both talked 'bout how feel like we've known each otha, I tol' her I wanted ta take her out, but she tol' me she was gone be busy. Ion't really buhlea that, but I'm gone let her be.

"August!" I heard someone sing my name. I looked up wonderin' who beautiful ass voice that was, and of course it belonged ta the beautiful ass girl that I caint stop thankin' 'bout.

"Hey Shae." She walked through all the seats and leaned down giving me a quick hug and then sat down inna seat next ta me.

She looked pretty as always in her lil sun dress. I ain't notice before today, but O'Shae got a real nice body. She skinny, but she still got curves, and I like that.

"How's your day been so far?" She asked me. I shrugged still smilin' at her.

"It's been iight. Trav sent me a pic of my niece so I ca show you."

"Oh, show me please! Babies are so cute!"

"Iight, Iight hold on witcho excited ass."

I laughed and pulled her picture up, and gave her my phone to look at it. She immediately made a lil face makin' me laugh how sappy she done got that fast, but I feel her. Callie is cute, that's Unc'e baby right thea'. I fell in love wit' her as soon as I seen her up at the hospital.

"Aww she is so precious August, oh my goodness she is so cute!"

"Ain't she. Look jus' like Trav."

"Oh my goodness, yes she does. Ooh she's chunky too." She handed me my phone, and I turned it off befoe turnin' ta face her.

"So I have a proposition for you Mr.Alsina."

"What is it beautiful?"

She blushed and then giggled befoe respondin'. "My church is having this cook out today after classes, and Dink, Corina and I are going. I want you to come too." She explained. My eyebrows shot up bein' shocked that shorty was even inviting me to anythang.

"Yea, I'd be down ta come. What time?"

"We're all leaving at three- thirty."

"Iight can you give me a ride out thea', I ain't got a car up this way, and--

She laughed and nodded. "I got you August."

"Thanks ma."

------------------------------------
O'Shae

"So he's coming?" Corina asked from her spot on my couch, next to me.

"Yup, he said he was going to walk over here."

"Aww, so is this a lil date?" She smiled. I shook my head no.

As much as I am attracted to August, and wanted so badly to go on that date with him, I just can't. I'm already risking a lot by asking him to come to this cookout, but I can't stay away from that boy no matter what I do. By asking him to come with me to the cookout it seems much better than a one on one date or something. I can't have word about something like that getting out, and Rah hearing it. So this is the perfect undercover hangout.

"No, who goes on a date at their church cook out?" I played it off. Corina looked at me knowingly and then laughed before Dink came out of the bathroom and into the living room. "Yo Shae, you make some sweet tea?"