Chapter 29: Family

Chapter 29

Family
------------------------------------
O'Shae

Daddy, and I got set up in our hotel rooms before meeting down in the lobby. I didn't want to say it at first, but it was like being here made him glow, and he seemed very happy already. I started to really believe it's because he's excited about seeing Anya for the first time in years.

"So you ready to go baby girl? Your mom said we were going to meet her at this true island restaurant near her house so I hope you're hungry." He smiled.

"Oh I am. Lets go."

We both walked outside and got in our cab. My dad spoke to the man telling him where we needed to go, and then we both just sat back and enjoyed all the scenery that the island had to offer. Everything that we passed was gorgeous and the people were too. When daddy said the island will do it to you he was not joking. Everyone here had pretty skin, and eyes and I started to understand where mine had came from. I always thought I got my eye color from Gina, but I get it from my actual family here.

We drove deeper and deeper into the actual city, and it was nice to see the difference in the area around the hotel to the difference in the actual city. It wasn't so much of a bad difference, but a culture shock maybe. The city was a little more run down, but none the less, still gorgeous. We pulled in front of a nice little restaurant with an out door patio, and right away I spotted my mother sitting by herself just looking out into the scenery around the restaurant. I looked over at daddy and he had a huge smile plastered on his face as he stared at her.

"There she goes. Lets go." He instructed. He was the first to get out, and I followed close behind as we made our way onto the patio.

When my mother saw us she stood up and her face showed nothing less of excitement. She looked even more beautiful up close and personal. Her, and daddy first engulfed one and other in a tight hug that lasted some time, and I smiled wide at the two. They looked meant to be, and in a weird way they looked at home with one and other.

When they let go my mother wiped under her eyes as she smiled at my father. "Hi Ken."

"Hi Anya, you look beautiful."

"Thank you, you look very handsome yourself." She replied. I fell in love with her heavy island accent off rip.

After the two had a while longer of staring at one, and other daddy stepped to the side, and pushed me forward into Anya's view. Her hands immediately flew up to her mouth and the tears started to fall all over again.

"Anya this is our daughter O'Shae." daddy introduced.

It took a minute for either of us to do or say anything to one, and other, but soon enough she grabbed me, and hugged me tight. I returned the favor liking nothing more than the feeling of being in her arms. She stroked me hair with one hand, and then kissed the top of my head. We stayed hugged up for some time, and even when we let go neither of us truly wanted to let go we both held hands, and she smiled down at me.

"Oh you are beautiful sweetie. Look at you." She admired. She looked over at daddy with a big smile on her face. "This is our girl?"

Daddy chuckled and nodded. "Yup that's her."

"Oh you're nothing less of beautiful honey. " She complimented before pointing to the table she was previously sitting at. "Please, the both of you have a seat."

Daddy, and I did just that. We sat next to one and other, and she sat down in front of us. She looked between the both of us, and smiled big again.

"I can't believe this day has came, I never thought I'd see the two of you ever again." She admitted.

"I know, and I'm sorry about that Anya."