Chapter 11: Try To Understand

Chapter 11

Try To Understand
-------------------------------------
O'Shae

"August no, Sit down!" I yelled at him while he tried to get to the door, but I grabbed his arm pulling him back.

You could see he is beyond pissed the hell off, and I'm pissed too. I never meant for him to find out about this at all, but now he knows and he's ready to run the streets looking for Rah.

"Let me go O'Shae!"

"No! You can't just run the streets like you lost yo mind or something."

He turned around and stepped closer into my face with his hands balled up, and I flinched back not sure if his anger would get the best of him and his next move was to swing on me or not. He clearly noticed and decided to step back and calm himself down a little.

"Why cain't I?" He asked calmly. I stood up straight and looked at him like he was stupid.

"I mean what are you going to do August, run around all of Atlanta lookin' for one big nigga named Raheem? You won't get too far, you don't even know where he stay!"

"But you do, so tell me so I can go whoop that niggas ass."

"No, I'm not just going to tell you that. You don't even need to go and mess with him at all." I explained.

He really doesnt. He might be all pissed and shit now, but that adrenaline ain't gone save his ass in no fight against Rah. Rah is twice August's size and nothing but muscle. I know first hand what it's like fighting him and taking a punch from him, and I can almost promise Aug that if Rah gets upset enough he'll put August to sleep real quick. I don't want nor need that happening to him so he needs to calm down and sit down.

I could see the annoyance all up in his face while he stepped back and sighed before clasping his hands together in front of his face. He closed his eyes and then reopened them sighing.

"Why the fuck, do you keep defendin' that nigga! He don't do nothin', but put his hands on you, but you always ready ta jump ta his damn rescue. Let someone do him how he do you for once." He barked.

"Stop yelling at me please." I mumbled as I looked down at my feet.

"Excuse me?"

I picked my head up, and looked dead at him. "Can you stop yelling at me and just talk to me?"

I don't like folks raising their voice at me, and he is of no exception. Plus he makin' me feel stupid or something. I don't like folks talking down to me, and making me feel stupid, it's uncalled for.

"Naw 'cause it seem like you don't understand and wont listen ta nobody unless they yellin' or smackin' yo dumb ass aroun'."

I know he ain't just say that. I stared at him for a second while he mugged me, but the look subsided once he started to realize what he said. "Shae, wait. I'm sor--"

"No look, I really don't care for your apology." I interrupted as I held up a hand. "You said it, don't even fake apologize for it now. Just get out." I pointed.

"Shae it ain't a fake apology, I really ain't mean ta say that ma."

"Yea you did!"

"No I didn't, I'm sorry I was just--"

"You were just mad. Right, just like Rah gets mad and does shit, you get mad and say shit, but you want me to forgive you right?"

"Right, but I didn't put my damn hands on you O'Shae that's what you don't get! Stop trynna make excuse after excuse foe him!"