11.

Weeks passed since the incident and Shen Sinian was already part of Chiyuki's group.

They waited for him out the class during breaks (luckily all of them had classrooms on the same floor), ate lunch together and studied together after school.

All the other students were shocked by the finding:

Shen Sinian was always alone, rejected by anyone (from the alphas who picked on him, to the betas and omegas who avoided him not to be involved in his bullying), so seeing him with the popular new transfer students made anyone widen their eyes and made many of them green of envy ;

During this period of time, Chiyuki hinted to Shen Sinian more than once that his differentiation period could lead him to be an omega (trying in subtle ways to make him accept the matter slowly; in fact changing from A to O was considered shameful, a dishonor in the world of ' After two pairs of families divided into omega') and convinced him to do a medical examination to "monitor the differentiation", making him find out to be "a-soon-to-be omega".

The discovery shocked and frightened the poor boy so much that he closed himself in his room without eating and drinking, and it took Chiyuki hours of waiting behind the door of his room and speaking gently to him (to make him understand that he was not alone anymore and that no one would have ever tried to hurt him) to get him out of it.

Maybe forcing him to uncover his true nature before time was cruel, heartless or simply stupid (because it went completely against the plot), but she did it anyway not only because she had the intention of changing his pitiful fate but also for his sake:

Having knowledge was fundamental to protect themselves, especially for someone like Shen Sinian (having suppressant always with him and avoid physical exercise that can spread his scent everywhere can avoid him a lot of bad experience that he suffered in the novel cause his lack of knowledge).

The alpha female didn't know it, but every time she did something for Shen Sinian, his heart swelled with warmth and moved more and more near her.

From the first time they met, Sinian developed some sort of interest in her, which he initially tried to reprim because same gender relationships weren't well accepted; as the time went on this interested grew into a little crush and when he discovered to be differentiating into an Omega other than shock and fear, he felt a little relieved and excited to have at least a grain of chances to be liked by Chiyuki; after all, alphas and omegas are naturally attracted yo each other;
but then came to him the inferiority complex, caused by his almost nonexistent self-esteem.

He felt he wasn't worth of her, after all how could he?

He was a poor rejected teen with an average look while she was the heir of a famous and wealthy family with a stunning look and a "gentle" attitude which made her very popular at school.

They were opposite poles.

He could only hope to stay near her as much as possible as a friend, to continue "bathing" into her kind, caring and protecting nature ; while praying that the moment she will find her other half will be as late as possible and that his heartbreak will not hurt much.

••••

Did you like this chapter?