13.

Council meeting room  11:00 am

Chiyuki was leaning on the back of her chair, while eating a strawberry jam straight from the jar.

It was her favorite snack and she loved it so much that every spoonful made her eyes lit up, even if the rest of her face remained emotionless.

The other people in the room gave her subtle side eyes: some hid incredulity and a slight admiration; some shock; some disgust, while others pure envy.

Yes, envy.

They were envious of Chiyuki; envious of her wealth (she and her siblings were the richest of all school), of her fame, of her level, but, mostly, of her freedom: She could do whatever she wanted (from the biggest thing to the smallest, like eating a cake, without caring for other people's judgement), without the constant worry to tarnish her family reputation, because no one would ever speak ill of them, fearing the consequences.

In fact, it was an abnormal thing for an Alpha to like something sweet; sweet things were considered for only omegas and female betas; so, even if an Alpha or a male beta liked a type of cake or had a sweet tooth, they could only eat it in secret ( or completely deprive themselves of it, scared of being discovered) because it would make them weak in the eyes of others.

Chiyuki, even if she knew this type of behavior (in the world of this damn abo novel) wasn't right for someone of her gender and felt everyone's stares on her, didn't care at all.

They were only bullshits for her and only thinking about them made her grimace.

She would never give up on HER snacks for anything in the world (maybe only for the sake of not having cavities) especially if the main reason is to follow this absurd "gender roles"/toxic mentality.

Her "rebellion" against those social costructs instead of making her a laughingstock, only made her much more popular than she was (mostly among  betas and omegas).

(Author: Well it makes sense. A person could even be the most attractive of all but if they have a foul personality then they will be disliked anyway.

On the other hand, a good personality it's a big plus if there's beauty too.)

Thanks to all of this, now they viewed the emerald eyed alpha not only as someone beautiful, powerful, extremely wealthy and kind (in her own way), but also as someone open minded, without prejudices and (mostly) a "total catch" who was still single.

Unknowingly to her, the female teen made even more people set their eyes on her; people determined to win her at any cost.

(Reader: Wait. So you're telling me that now Chiyuki has to worry not only of Psycho-Bai's actions but also of them!?!

Author:

)

Who could blame them?

It was already extremely rare finding someone  with a good looks, high rank and a very good background;  and almost impossible to have in the "requirements list" a good personality too.

This was a one in a million opportunity.

Who wouldn't want such a good partner?

Who would ever miss the opportunity of being treated well and with respect?

Surely not them.

(Author: In the abo world being born or differentiate into an omega is like a curse for a person because, even if they are more protectred by law, omegas are "abused" and disprected in many ways.

Also, it's difficult for them to find a job, because they are seen as people who's main purpose is to give birth and stay ad home to raise children.

Omegas that live in high society are much more lucky because thay are wealthy and have a "rank", so they are more free but even there omegas are considered inferior to other genders of the same social status.

Luckily not all people think like this, like Chiyuki's family, but sadly many do.)

••••

Hi guys! I will publish later the second part

Did you like this chapter? And the meme?