Nosy

The nosy neighbour walks away after asking Pheko why she was not invited to the wedding and telling him to guard his valuables incase I ran away with them. Aunt Koki laughs when I narrate the conversation. She and I make breakfast and eat watching the television. Pheko calls me to the bedroom after washing the dishes.
“I’m sorry for that ladies comment.” Pheko.
“Ag, thanks but it’s not your fault.”
“I’m still sorry. After lunch we will be going back home. I was thinking that we go back to Woodmead tomorrow so that you can settle before work?” Pheko.
“Thank you for consulting me. That sounds like a good plan.”
He gets up to give me a hug me. I take a bath and get dressed in a pink maxi dress amd sneakers. Pheko and his aunt are having a tense conversation, they keep quiet when I walk in. I take it as a chance to ask for the car keys, Pheko directs me to his jacket. In the car I call Babe to inform him that we will be coming back tomorrow. “I am happy to hear that my love, after work I am baking a cake.” Babe.
“Haibo, you miss me that much?”
“Yes, I hope you are sleeping over.” Babe.
“I will ask Pheko if he is comfortable, If not then I am sleeping over.”
“I can’t wait. Let me call you back my love, I have a patient.” Babe.
“I love you khehla lam.”
“Na ku rhandza Ntsumi yamina.”Babe.
We hang up, I text Khensi but she doesn’t pick up. Nhlamu calls me after a text asking if im free.
“Nhlamulo Chauke.”
“Mrs M, you know you owe me a “call me mrs M” party.” Nhlamu
“We can organise that and no naked guys.”
“You are not fun. Anyway how is marriage life?” Nhlamu.
“Babe, we need gin and wine. Hold on Khensi is calling I am adding her.”
“Hello Chauke girls.”Khensi
“Khensaini you are so loud, how are you?”
“The girl is good, where is the man?” Khens
“I was asking about him and that we must do a call me Mrs M. for her, she doesn’t want males.” Nhlamu.
“Ofacuse she doesn’t, have you seen her man?” Khens laughs.
“Okay ladies, I was thinking a sleepover at my house.”
“No.”
“Never, you are a guest we will tell you the venue and date just come and look beautiful.” Khens.
“Okay ladies, we will chat later. I will be home tomorrow night. We can have coffee on Sunday?”
“Sure. Later.” Nhlamu.
“Bye Mrs M.” Khensi.
We hang up and then I walk back into the house. Aunt Koki is alone with the baby. She asks if I am okay and then she offers me cakes. I refuse and focus on my phone. Pheko walks out of the bedroom with his bag, I give him the keys. We greet his aunt then drive back to zeerust listening to music. I ask for a pee break, he stops at a one stop filling station and I use the bathroom and get snacks.
“Morris, I am driving back home. The files at home.” Pheko.
“Greet your wife.” Morris hangs up the phone.
“Are you okay?” Pheko asks as I settle in my seat.
“Yes, are you okay?”
“I am good.” Pheko.
“My dad invited us to dinner at his house with Gomo, plus I need to get a few essentials, the rest of the things, I will get Babe to bring with the van.”
“Why, I have a van, we can go switch cars then go to your house. Does he want proof of life?” Pheko laughs.
“I don’t know, all I know is that I am sleeping over at home, you are invited.”
“I will need to go to my place for a few things. Yes, finally sleeping at the colonel’s house.” Pheko. I shake my head and laugh, he drives us to his apartment in Buccleuch, we arrive at 6pm. I laugh at how close it is from my house. Babe will visit every day when he realizes this fact.
“Do you like our place?” Pheko.
“It’s cosy and close to my house.”
“What can I say? It’s a lovely area.” Pheko, he takes the double cab keys then we drive to my house, Babe gives me a tight hug. I pack a few books and work clothes and shoes and sleepwear. I call Babe to help me carry them to Pheko’s car. “Haibo, what is he rush ?” Babe.
“Nothing, I don’t want to forget anything.” He calls us to the table, there’s 3 casseroles and drinks. “How was the rip back?” Bbae.
“It was good thanks sir.” Pheko.
“Moreetsi, I am sir at work here call me dad or Babe.” Babe. The conversation moves from travels to work, I wash the dishes when they start talking about cars and move to the lounge to watch a car show. Babe brings out cake after I sit down. “I now understand that you will never gain weight, your dad cooks delicious meals plus dessert.” Pheko comments with a mouthful.
“What can I say, good genes plus princess treatment vibes from the best dad ever. You will understand the day you have your own princess.”
“No babies until you are 40 please.” Babe. Pheko and I burst into laughter. Pheko offers to wash the side plates, I stay and chat with Babe who asks how I am really doing. I feel safer at home I confess, I miss work. He assures me that we will sort out everything and then I can come home. Pheko asks to freshen up because he is tired.
I walk him to my bedroom and he pulls me in for a hug. I open the water for him then leave him to join Babe. I snuggle next to him and he brushes my hair. 30 minutes later Pheko walks in and joins us watching a movie. “Are you okay son?” babe asks Pheko.
“Yes thank you.” Pheko.  At 11pm we all retire to the bedroom. Babe sets the alarm. Pheko pulls me close to him and we sleep.