✿︎𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖊 : 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕝𝕝✿︎

Adeline POV

we were on a carriage ride on our way to the ball. The carriage was a glistening work of art, made of polished wood and embellished with beautiful gold filigree. The woodwork included intricate carvings of vines and flowers, adding a sense of natural beauty to the sumptuous exterior. The rich, lustrous varnish glistened in the moonlight, lending the vehicle a timeless appeal.

It was a quiet ride. After me and Darius talked I had a a lot to think about. Darius and I were faces of power but we didn't actually have power. We have awful reputations and we aren't exactly thought highly of by other nobles and royal blood. If our partnership were to meet its goal then our ambitions would become reality. We will start off small like creating a new image for ourselves, then go big and get me the crown of Farieland.

"May I ask you something?" I broke the silence. "Sure" he sighed.

"Fairies have wings, they are warm and good right?" I asked

"Sure but the good part is back in the day. Now anyone is capable of evil" He explained

"Fine, then fae are cold, wingless, and evil" I continued

"I fail to see where you are going with this" He commented

"Why did you have wings yet you are cold to touch?" He didn't answer me immediately

"Because I'm a half-breed" I nodded my head, digesting that little bit of information.

"If there is a division of night and day then why does my stepmother rule them both"

" There had been a war between the two and your father won and claimed the night under him. Anyways the queen has arranged for a team to protect you tonight but that doesn't mean you should not be alert. Don't talk to anyone without me being there stick close by and you might make it out alive tonight"

"I am starting to wonder if this is really a party"

"it is, just not the mortal kind" He shrugged

We finally made it. Darius exited first and then opened the carriage door for me. Indeed true to his words I was met with an odd bunch

A fairy dust pink pixie that had white short hair and was no more than an inch tall and a tall muscular brute.

"Where are the rest of you?" I asked

" We are stationed all over your princess, ready on sight to protect you. It will just be me and him following you close by"

I nodded. This is undoubtedly going to be an interesting ball. Finally, I return to these castle walls but this time. I will not be weak and this time I will become queen

Queen POV

The Queen's gown and mask

•|°

T

he vast ballroom was located in the midst of my magnificent palace, filled with sparkling chandeliers and towering marble columns, and was the ultimate of elegance and opulence. The room was a gold and cream symphony, draped with magnificent silk curtains and tapestries exquisitely embroidered with scenes of heavenly gardens and fantastical creatures.

A magnificent crystal chandelier dangling from the high ceiling gave a lovely, pleasant glow on the polished marble floor below. The elaborate designs on the floor appeared to imitate the constellations, guiding the participants through the enchantment of the night.

Last-minute touches were added and the ballroom had filled up with unimportant folks. I took my seat and watched as finally the announcers announced all the figures of importance

" court masters Iridessa and Glimmer of the summer court"

" court masters Fawn and Fern of the spring court and their niece Anabel

until they introduced the fae

Even though war had long passed there were still tensions between fairy and fae. I am also the queen of the fae, albeit it does not appear so. They withdraw themselves and retain a rebellious streak despite losing to the fairy.

Like right now they are purposefully standing on one side of the ballroom refusing to mix with the fairy.

Why do they still have that makes still this prideful. Their lands are wastelands and they have neither strength nor resources for another war. Though now that I think of it, they still do have the royal heir of the defeated king, a useless title but still. They might start getting ideas. Speaking of him there he enters with his mother.

"leader of the autumn and winter court Ambrose and late queen Scarlett"

Yes, I didn't completely destroy the fae hierarchy to fit mine. I let him parade around as the leader while still pulling the strings. I might have to kill his mother though as seems of lately she is trying to cut those strings since our accord from the past is about the end.

Then there was the star of the night. My husband's illegitimate child, Adeline. They have finally arrived so finally the ball can commence