Punk - Chapter 16

Punk was a word that Y/N was intimately familiar with.

At his old school, Y/N was very much a delinquent. A self-proclaimed outcast who despised all forms of pity yet craved attention from his peers, no matter how hollow that attention was. He would flirt with innocent girls that had no idea what they were getting into, he would fight innocent boys who dared look at him the wrong way. Anything to expel the anger he was feeling.

Why was he so angry? People didn't ask, so why give an answer.

Looking back on it was shameful, but was it more shameful to say that he almost missed parts of it?

Y/N smoked cigarettes he stole from his father. Y/N drank wine he stole from his mother. He carried a knife around that he found lying abandoned on the beach one day. After witnessing a scuffle from afar, someone ended up being stabbed. It was all over the news. A small crowd had formed around the man, reprimanding him for taking the knife out of the wound. It's stabbing 101; don't remove the object that is keeping all your blood inside of you. Probably part of the reason why he died.

But, finders keepers, right? Y/N took the knife, and no one batted an eye. It was a rusted blade, slightly curved from being thrown against the ground and bending against the force of the stone it hit. Clearly the material was cheap, like cafeteria cutlery. But it belonged to Y/N now.

He never used it.

Today was a non-school uniform day. They didn't happen often, but Y/N was always somewhat curious as to what people's fashion was like outside of school. For some it was self-explanatory. The type where people who up wearing turtle necks, skimpy shorts that the teachers reprimanded or styled their hair to stand out in a crowd. It always sort of got on Y/N's nerves; you're going to school, not a party. School is no place to be showing off. Then again, he wasn't really one to talk.

Y/N would have completely forgotten if not for Sayori's excited bounding around as he was getting dressed as quickly as he could. 

Natsuki - "Are you summoning demons in there?! HURRY THE FUCK UP!"

Yuri - "Natsuki, please..."

Y/N - "I'LL BE SLOW JUST TO SPITE YOU IF YOU KEEP YELLING!"

Natsuki - "YOU COULDN'T BE ANY SLOWER!"

Sayori - "WHY ARE WE YELLING?!"

Now it was Winter, the temperature had significantly dipped, so a jacket would most definitely be required. Y/N flung open his wardrobe as he fiddled with his belt, looking desperately for the closest item of clothing to warm him up.

And wouldn't you know it, he took out his old leather jacket.

It was still torn. It still felt damp, but that was because it was cold. That was the hope, anyway. Y/N removed the spikes and had tried to wash it thoroughly, but the stains were still somewhat noticeable when it catches the light at certain angles. Not to poke the bear further, Y/N threw the jacket on so Natsuki didn't beat him up. 

Upon throwing open the door, however, Y/N was given a collection of looks.

Natsuki - "Took you long enou-"

Natsuki's face dropped into something confusing and unreadable, which was a first for Y/N as typically she was very easy to decipher. The look seemed distant and surprisingly relaxed, mixed with a hint of taken-aback and bewildered.

Yuri and Monika were sitting and mid-conversation on Y/N's sofa. They turned and gave similar looks, though both broke their gaze a couple seconds into looking and spun back around, Yuri playing with her hair and Monika clearing her throat and standing up. She then proceeded to dust her clothes and turn around to look at Y/N. Her cheeks had a light dusting of blush on them too.