- STARTER -

[ Chapter 0 ]

Eileanoir

"Shit!" I yelled as we ran from the small group of infected.

One caught up to me and i cut its head agressively with my machete blade. "Eli! You clean?" My brother Estes asks me as we keep running.

I nod, out of breath. "I'm good. Let's just get out of here!"

He agrees and we bolt out of the building, slamming the door behind us and barricading it.

"Fuck... That was intense." I breathe with my hand on my heart.

"That was. Now let's get back home, yeah?" Estes says confidently and we walk back home without much talk.

"So we got... five cans of beans, two canned peaches and a rabbit." I count.

"That's just a fine loot for today, ain't it?" I agree and we get to eating.

"How's your head today, huh?" He asks me. I had a concussion a few days ago, so he keeps worrying about me. He's so nice when he isn't stressed.

"It's fine. No pain, no nothin'." I assure him. He mumbles a 'Good', and keeps eating his beans.

"I was thinking... We should probably head to Fort Collins. I mean, we don't know how long the Fireflies will stay there." I knew this was a touchy subject, and i wasn't exactly in charge here, but i wanted to get somewhere.

We had been looking for the Fireflies for a while now, but always headed back to our home bunker when we couldn't find them.

Now Estes had got a tip that the Fireflies were staying at University Eastern Colorado, and how fitting, we were in Colorado.

"It should only take us about 4 days. Don't you think it's time?" I ask warily. He bites his lip.

"Now Eli, we can't know for sure that the Fireflies are there. And i dont wanna risk losing this home for nothin'."

"But we have been trying to find them for so long! We should-" "Eileanoir! End of discussion." He yells and raises his hand.

"...okay. Sorry."

We eat the rest of our food in silence. I draw a picture of today in my sketch book and head to bed.

"Night, Estes." i whisper.

"Night, kid."